• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Aqua vs Terra ... programming ?

archimedes

Flashaholic
I've been considering an AquaRam or a TerraRam, and had a question. Could those of you who have both comment on the relative difficulty of programming with the twisty vs clicky switch ?

I think I'd prefer the Aqua, but wonder if it would be too difficult to program with the twisty. I probably would want to extensively customize, once, then not too much afterwards. Maybe just to "switch banks" of output settings, I suppose.

I have several HDS Clicky & Ra Twisty torches. How do these compare to those, in terms of programming difficulty?

I can easily program my HDS Clicky, but never want to have to program that Ra Twisty again :ohgeez: :banghead: :hairpull: :D

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't own both, I only have the Aqua Ram so my response might be irrelevant. However I find the Aqua quite easy to program with, programming doesn't require fast switching like the mode changing does. I've wondered about the difficulty of programming with the Terra, you may be about to operate it as a twisty but someone who owns one will have to answer that. It really is a great light, good luck!

P.S. it's a lot easier than programming the Ra twisty if that helps.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own both bodies. I find them about the same. I like the fact the twisty is a bit shorter. Easier to carry. But I like a clicky more. So I seem to use the clicky body most.

Atleast you don't have to do 200+ clicks!!

Cool part is you can do like me. Get one whole light. Then later down the road, order the other body from Don. He is a super guy to deal with.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
The twisty for the Aquas is not an issue. If you know how to programm these lights it doesn´t really matter whether it´s a twisty or a clicky. Sure, the clicky would be easier but if you are going to programm a certain setup and leave at that (like I did) it´s definitly worth all the twisting ;).

Eric

archimedes

Flashaholic
Forgot to revisit this thread, till now .... Got the AquaRam, and successfully got it programmed [emoji106]

The HiveLD programming is conceptually rather different than others, but with the diagrams in the manual, I was finally able to figure it out.

Once the idea of how it functions "clicked" , though, it turned out to be easy to use (even with a twisty switch).