Seeking Dimmable E17 Base 40w Equivilent LED Bulb

Mr. Glass

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I have a china cabinet that uses four of the following bulb:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00007M9ND/?tag=cpf0b6-20

They burn out frequently, get hot, and use a lot more power than an LED equivalent.

I am seeking an LED equivalent that is truly dimmable, fits the E17 base (or E12, using a socket reducer), matches the advertised 440 lumen output and emits a color similar to the incandescents I am currently using.

I have tried eBay and Amazon, but am having a hard time finding a dimmable match with good reviews.

-Mr. Glass

CoveAxe

Enlightened
If you've already looked and didn't find anything, it probably doesn't exist yet. Everything outside of the standard A19/21 size is not terribly common and so only low-quality manufacturers have made anything for them for the most part.

I've also had a similar problem. I suggest getting these. I got a couple of small bars and put them along the inside edge of the cabinet. It lights up the whole inside fairly uniformly. the color is fantastic (I got 4000K because that seemed to make the white porcelain pop a bit more, but you can find others), and they are easily dimmed. The old incandescent system in there previously just looks like poop compared to it.

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
At first I though that was a G16.5 bulb, and then thought about Feit's new 60w equivalent version.
At 3000K it will be a bit cooler than a pure incandescent replacement-2700K. And at 500 lumens slightly brighter too.
The diameter of those S11 are pretty tiny, right? Something on the order of 1 3/8" inch.

Mr. Glass

Newly Enlightened
Just an update folks; I ended up sticking with incandescents, as I could not find the warmth and smooth dimming I was looking for, despite trying three different brands of LED bulb.

For other, non-dimmable areas of the house, I have been very happy with my CREE LED 2700K 60w equivalent bulbs from Home Depot.