Looking for light with wow factor...

jimbo231

Enlightened
With black Friday looming I'm looking to increase my light collection. My brightest/farthest throwing light is my EA8 at 900 lumens and 60000 cd. I was looking for something that would be a big enough difference to warrant purchasing. I want to spent under 150 with a black friday sale excluding batteries. I was looking at the acebeam k40m. Would that be much different?

Capolini

Banned
If your willing to get a modded light you probably won't buy any or many stock lights again! that is what happened to me and many others!

Here is the one w/ best all around throw and flood. Your reaction will surpass WOW!

This will have about the same lumens as the above mentioned TM06 and out throw it by at least 500 yards!

He has pure flood/lumen monsters that have 7000 lumens! edc lights, mid ranged and more.

ALSO HIS K40vn is one of his most sold and popular. About 1600 lumens w/ 400Kcd/1265m of throw! ~$150

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...e-K40vn-Thrower-(New-Batch)-150-No-Box-Option

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?374328-WTS-TK75vn-4400

Last edited:

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
With black Friday looming I'm looking to increase my light collection. My brightest/farthest throwing light is my EA8 at 900 lumens and 60000 cd. I was looking for something that would be a big enough difference to warrant purchasing. I want to spent under 150 with a black friday sale excluding batteries. I was looking at the acebeam k40m. Would that be much different?

In terms of throw, it wouldn't be much different. But it would certainly be a LOT brighter, and have a different tint, and have a ton more spill.

Are you looking for max lumens, or max throw? No light does both...the light Capolini suggested is one of the best all-rounders, but it is well above your price range.

If you are looking mostly for throw, and comfortable with buying a modded light, I agree that the K40vn would be an excellent choice (still one of my absolute favorites). If you are looking more for brightness and lots of spill, your pick of the K40M is solid too. Or even something like the SR Mini...2800 lumens of pure flood, and substantially smaller than your EA8. In my experience people expect big performance out of big lights...so the smaller the light, the more impressive it is.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
The k40vn would be nice but I would be scared to blow it up after reading how hot it gets after a few minutes....

Tke K40M will heat up faster than the K40vn. Both have six different modes...and 4-5 of them can be run indefinitely (depending on ambient temperature and whether or not you are holding it). Nothing to worry about.

AB8XL

Enlightened
I'm thinking the Nitecore EAX Hammer, The EA8 is pretty similar to the Fenix TK41 I have, and the EAX has the same throw but with a much wider beam. Batteryjunction is offering them for under a hundred dollars for the black friday sale. I have been enjoying mine and does great lighting up the back of the property at night.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't like having to use multiple AA batteries. Maybe one day I will.
I'm thinking the Nitecore EAX Hammer, The EA8 is pretty similar to the Fenix TK41 I have, and the EAX has the same throw but with a much wider beam. Batteryjunction is offering them for under a hundred dollars for the black friday sale. I have been enjoying mine and does great lighting up the back of the property at night.