Fisher space pen refills: Schmidt vs Fisher

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
What are the pro's and con's of these two brands? The original Fisher refills vs Schmidt refills? I am interested in the longevity, ink quality etc.

geisto

Newly Enlightened
Both are about equal overall. Both can write in all weather conditions. Fisher seems to be able to write on "all surfaces" better than the Schmidt 9000 but on paper the Schmidt 9000 is cleaner.

My pick would be Fisher if you use your pen a lot outdoors.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, thanks. There is only 50p in it, when I am ready I will stick with the Fisher then. Thanks.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I bought myself a nice new pen because it has a more hefty feel and has a glass breaker for extra functionality. But it came with a Schmidt generic refill instead of a fisher. My quick unboxing and review of the pen it's self is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmlVm0hWFmo

But I have since tried the pen in terms of writing and this refill is 100% garbage. The ink (when it actually writes) is more faded compared to fisher, it constantly skips while writing unlike my fisher refill and most of the time it won't even write at all (prolonged skipping) which I have never had with my fisher refill.

So my opinion of Schmidt could not be any lower right now. I have ordered a new Fisher refill for this pen and when it arrives the pen should be really extremely nice to use.