G2X defender

R.W.D.

Enlightened
Has anyone else pulled a 6px defender head and thrown it on a G2X body?? I'm not good with pics so ill post them later today but seriously your grip is way better with the G2X body then the smooth crappy 6px... It feels so good in my hand grip wise and I feel like it would be much more devistating being that there is a better grip. Still not really a fan of the 2 cell over the 3 cell SF lights but I've always liked the G series lights and they seem to be with the few that never lost good grips unlike the P lights which are now garbage in my opinion. I like all my Fury's though and they have the same P series style garbage grips but I can deal with them because they are longer and I keep lanyards on them.

Anyways sorry for rambling.. Just wanted to know if other people had done this. I picked up both these lights new super cheap and kept staring at the G2 thinking damn I want a G2X defender so after two days couldn't stand it any longer and just made it be :) marred up the 6px body but hell it probably improved the grip xD

only got marred because no matter how hot I got it that 6p didn't want me to take its head off never had that much of a problem with these newer light heads before but this one took over 30 minutes at least. As most of you know and for those who don't they use that red thread lock and very generously I must say.. The however used a diff glue/lock on the G2 assuming its because the plastic body. Both lights prongs again like all other I've opened are just bone freakin dry which bugs the crap out of me not that I've ever had any SF take in water.

So if anyone has dont this I'd like to kinda know how many of you have because I think it's a better option than a 6px defender. :) way better grip. I want to just slam it into things but its so new and clean so I won't haha.

I just want to say if you don't know what your doing plz get advice first on taking the heads of new SF lights because it is a small process and I have messed up two doing it and I've takin off 8 so far so either learn whatsup get someone who is good at it to do it for you or don't try. It is up to you though and I am only saying this because some people think these lights aren't cheap and you don't wanna ruin $40-$100+ with a little mistake.

R.W.D.

Enlightened
Just to let everyone know I've been trying for the last hour to post pictures and I'm just hitting so many dead ends.. I hate having to get my laptop get my camera get pics put them on one website to then copy a link to put here. I mean it just almost seems not worth it -.- why can't I just use my stupid iPod take a pic and directly post it? Is there a way?? And if not why isn't this a way to do it.. It should be.

you know what I think I'm just going to get me good pic and make it my profile picture because I have no more time to waist right now. So in a couple of minutes my propic will be a G2X Defender -.- better a light than a bug anyways haha

ok a lot of good that did.. Blurry Miri sized picture that I'm sure nobody can even see that the head is a defender or even the G2 body. So plz anyone with a simple solution that maybe wants to throw it my way that would be great. But if it involves me signing up to some other sight using my camera laptop and all that time consuming fun then ill just do it later.

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you posting via Ipod? I am lost. lol But, anyway:

" that 6p didn't want me to take its head off" Classic personification! That makes me laugh for some stupid reason. Too darn early in the AM! :)

So, yes many folks have swapped heads around on any lego possible. Cool stuff is that with adapters I can put the G heads on E bodies too. Pretty fun. You can also change just the bezel of the G body lights. That way you can make any of them a "Defender" style. I saw one, I think, from Oveready, that is a Defender style bezel ring that also has Trit holes. I remember thinking it was expensive, but it would look so cool on your light.

Much to my disliking too, they sure are smooth bodies. I am guessing they are cheaper price due to not having to machine the knurling? They get super slippery when your hands get cold!!

R.W.D.

Enlightened
Ikr! The slipping drives me crazy when it's in the cold rain here in fl like around this time of year xD speaking of cheaper the threads on the 6px I used are so crappy you can see and feel how pitted they are and it was a brand new light. I've never had rough threads on a SF before. I like Lego SF's I was just seeing how many people do it with these new X lights that are glued. Not that there is much to swap with them because at the point the head and body thread together it's larger. I'm sure they did it to demote the idea of doing this because there aren't options so far anyways.

Yea oveready has some sweet gear. I've seem Steel bezels from people with crenulation also not sure who from right now. I know china has some diff ones. Saw one I liked a lot once made here in the US and it went over the head and locked down with a screw. Wasn't very fancy and the crenulation wasn't big but a ton of small test instead. I liked that it would protect the head somewhat I guess.

Anyways yea I'm posting from my iPod haha pretty much always. I don't own a phone cause I can't stand people calling me I just use my iPod and my wifi puck which makes me able to do calls and all that crap if I need to.