led/driver supplier?

cdrake261

Enlightened
Where are you guys buying your LEDs and led drivers? Its been a long time since I've bought either, I cant remember the websites.

mercrazy

Newly Enlightened
mouser.com has good prices on cree leds. i build my own circuit boards with different driver chips depending on what i need.

cdrake261

Enlightened
mouser.com has good prices on cree leds. i build my own circuit boards with different driver chips depending on what i need.

There's a fish guy in Indianapolis that has this little slim but long dark yellow driver, but I can't remember where he got it.

cdrake261

Enlightened
Original power source is 120v AC, so maybe a DC transformer.

Want a single mode(on/off), so either a push pin switch or a on/off toggle switch.

6-8 xm-l, want it to light the cabinet portion of my fish tank when my doors are open.

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah! You want an LED Lighting Transformer. While it is a type of driver, they are not called drivers in the lighting industry. Meanwell makes a broad line of them, and is carried by a number of distributors. Also, any lighting outlet (online or brick-and-mortar) should carry them as well, and could advise you in person. Price and quality will range widely.

Seems like 6-8 XM-Ls is an awful lot of light for a cabinet. That's more like medium sized room lighting. That's like several hundred watts of incandescent bulbs. It may make for nice distribution of light, but I think you'll find you want to run them around 10%.

cdrake261

Enlightened
Ah! You want an LED Lighting Transformer. While it is a type of driver, they are not called drivers in the lighting industry. Meanwell makes a broad line of them, and is carried by a number of distributors. Also, any lighting outlet (online or brick-and-mortar) should carry them as well, and could advise you in person. Price and quality will range widely.

Seems like 6-8 XM-Ls is an awful lot of light for a cabinet. That's more like medium sized room lighting. That's like several hundred watts of incandescent bulbs. It may make for nice distribution of light, but I think you'll find you want to run them around 10%.

Probably right, i haven't tinkered with LEDs since my led maglight project.