HDS Systems        
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: M2Xvn

Default Re: M2Xvn

In terms of initial output, I got the most out of a protected EVVA NCR18650GA in comparison to the same unprotected battery and even a Samsung 25R. Could've been slight differences in tolerances between batteries, I don't know. Now whether one battery or another will put out a higher output for longer, I'm not sure. I just use the unprotected NCR18650GA in it now since DriverVN2 has voltage protection, and I use the protected one in another high drain light with no voltage protection.

Quote Originally Posted by uofaengr View Post
    In terms of initial output, I got the most out of a protected EVVA NCR18650GA in comparison to the same unprotected battery and even a Samsung 25R. Could've been slight differences in tolerances between batteries, I don't know. Now whether one battery or another will put out a higher output for longer, I'm not sure. I just use the unprotected NCR18650GA in it now since DriverVN2 has voltage protection, and I use the protected one in another high drain light with no voltage protection.
    Thats what im using in mine now. Ill get some VTC5 and see how they do. Ill try to get some shots up this weekend. I was off on business sunday/monday

I just bought an xpg2 pdt m2xutvn with direct drive single mode in vinhs garage sale. I was hoping to use a nitecore 2600 protected cell. Will this be safe? Not too fussed about Max output on this one. More safety as my lad will use it occassionally.
    Torchaholic

Quote Originally Posted by torchsarecool View Post
    I just bought an xpg2 pdt m2xutvn with direct drive single mode in vinhs garage sale. I was hoping to use a nitecore 2600 protected cell. Will this be safe? Not too fussed about Max output on this one. More safety as my lad will use it occassionally.
    Can anyone assist. Im confused because ive found conflicting information when it comes to cell choice on this light.
    Torchaholic

Quote Originally Posted by torchsarecool View Post
    Can anyone assist. Im confused because ive found conflicting information when it comes to cell choice on this light.
    you can try that cell if you own it already--- the worse thing it will do is keep shutting off due to max output overloading the protection circuit--might work ok/not great--they're are protected high drain cells out there--ask Vinh or check out Illuminationsupply.com
    K40Mvn (5k/4k domed/dedome) SR52vn(PDTn/PDTw) P15vn P16vn(PDTw) P12(PDTc) SRT6vn(PDTc) PD35vn(2c domed/PDTn) TX25C2vn V2T S200C2vn(PDTn) TK61(PDTc) LD50vn (PDT)
    M2Xvn (PDTsw) MX25L3 (4k) TN32(PDTc) TN36vn(dedome)

I think nitecore 2600 mah should works fine. Xpg2 pdt draw around 7-8 amps..

Great thanks guys. Ive settled on a Samsung 25r for now and getting about 250kcd on a full charge. Im looking into perhaps panasonic ncr cells Or vtc6
    Torchaholic

A 25R should be giving you 95% full output -- A VTC5 or 5A might push it slightly harder
    K40Mvn (5k/4k domed/dedome) SR52vn(PDTn/PDTw) P15vn P16vn(PDTw) P12(PDTc) SRT6vn(PDTc) PD35vn(2c domed/PDTn) TX25C2vn V2T S200C2vn(PDTn) TK61(PDTc) LD50vn (PDT)
    M2Xvn (PDTsw) MX25L3 (4k) TN32(PDTc) TN36vn(dedome)

Thanks chops, ill look into the vtc5
    Torchaholic

Vtc5 ordered for the M2xvn and one for my dereelight xsvn to. Cheers for the recommendation
    Torchaholic

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456