Christmas lights question

cncwhiz

Newly Enlightened
My house is off the road, so all I have is two railroad ties as pillars on either side of my driveway near the road. I want to put some lighted wreaths on the posts or something..but there is no power (about 1/4 mile from house). How could I do this? These are single strands of AC 120v LED lights on the wreaths.

Would a simple battery and inverter system power this? Looking for something cheap..

I'm sure a battery might push them, but wouldn't I need resistors to deliver the right type of voltage?

Battery powered lights have been considered too. I just don't want to spend a bunch of moneyto illuminate two simple wreaths.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
My house is off the road, so all I have is two railroad ties as pillars on either side of my driveway near the road. I want to put some lighted wreaths on the posts or something..but there is no power (about 1/4 mile from house). How could I do this? These are single strands of AC 120v LED lights on the wreaths.

Would a simple battery and inverter system power this? Looking for something cheap..

I'm sure a battery might push them, but wouldn't I need resistors to deliver the right type of voltage?

Battery powered lights have been considered too. I just don't want to spend a bunch of moneyto illuminate two simple wreaths.

Off hand, I'd go with LED lights to reduce the draw, and just use batteries and/or a solar charger to power them. This would of course be re-usable every x-mas.

It would also give the option of entry way lights year round if you swapped fixtures but used the same power. If you added a motion detector, it would be off if no one was there...and go on if people came by.

cncwhiz

Newly Enlightened
They are LED. It is a small strand of lights with about 30 heads at the most..whitening color. But of course they are 120v AC.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
The charger with inverter them, or, replace them with DC LED strings.