Question for Nitecore EA8 and EAX owners

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a thread in the General Forum asking readers to describe their fantasy light. My answer was the 2015 EA41 with the ability to use 14550s. That got me to thinking about combined voltages, and the EA8 and EAX with eight cells instead of four. My question is: Are the EA8 and EAX 8S or 4S2p? That is, eight cells in series, or two sets of four cells in series paralleled? It really doesn't make any difference to me as long as the driver is happy, it is just one of those "Hmmm" questions.

Now that we have all spent everything on the Black Friday specials, does anyone have anything left over for the Cyper Monday sales tomorrow?:broke:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have the 2015 EA41? I have it and the original to compare to. Prbly the nicest Nitecore Ive ever had and MUCH better than the original. Did not know it could take 14500s though

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have the 2015 EA41? I have it and the original to compare to. Prbly the nicest Nitecore Ive ever had and MUCH better than the original. Did not know it could take 14500s though
It can't. That was what would have made the EA41 my fantasy flashlight. I will just have to continue to use the LSDs that I have. I bought a couple of 8 pks of 2400 mAh LSD NiMH cells from Amazon at $20 a pack. I and a few other reviewers believe they are rebadged Eneloop XX cells, at about half the price. So far I am very happy with them. The EA41 starts to cry 'Uncle' when they get down around 1.0 v, and they charge up nicely to 1.4v. I haven't been keeping accurate score of run times, but I am very pleased with the performance I have been getting.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Yeah, love my EAX 8xAA Hammer. Almost as bright as my Nitecore TM11 4x18650 light and yet runs on NiMH AA's.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, love my EAX 8xAA Hammer. Almost as bright as my Nitecore TM11 4x18650 light and yet runs on NiMH AA's.
My Christmas present to myself arrived today. My own very personal Nitecore EA8. I was going to get an EAX. You know, out of production and super throw and all that. At the last minute I checked the specs between the two, and realized that they are both rated the same in throw distance. I assume the EAX is just a lot more floody at that range. Anyway, since I was interested in the throw, I got the EA8 instead. Significantly cheaper, so I spent the difference on some more Tubes. :whistle: Can't wait to get out and try it out.!