Mid Continent Get Together.

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just trying to feel the situation out. Is there enough people in the middle of the country that would want to get together?

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be interested.
Depending on when and location.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess it depends on how many would be interested. I am about as mid continent as you get, and there are a few good place around here for a weekend camping trip or something of the sort. Yet I wouldn't be opposed to traveling either. Just not all the way to the coast.

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya that is true you and I are about as mid as possible.
Mainly it depends on when.
Hopefully there will be more responses to help set a date and so forth. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

bwcaw

Enlightened
I am interested. I live in nebraska. I know of another couple of cpf'ers in my area that would like to go as well.
Maybe we could even get Lambda to come! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
bwcaw said:
How about Omaha, or Des moines?

[/ QUOTE ]

Would this be a camping trip? (which I am up for) If so do you have any good places in mind.

bwcaw

Enlightened
I would like to camp as well, but I don't know of any places in desmoines, or omaha. I never go camping down there. There is a nice place in Onawa iowa to camp. I have been there a couple of times and it is a great camping area, if you like primitive camping that is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
bwcaw said:
I would like to camp as well, but I don't know of any places in desmoines, or omaha. I never go camping down there. There is a nice place in Onawa iowa to camp. I have been there a couple of times and it is a great camping area, if you like primitive camping that is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean there is another kind?

bwcaw

Enlightened
Well, there is car camping, and rv camping. Those aren't exactly "primitive". When I say "primitive" I mean, no bath house within reasonable walking distance, no snack shop nearby, it is primitive. If you need to "take care of bussiness" you have to do it in the woods. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bwcaw

Enlightened
I like the idea of going to a flashlight convention. I was wondering if any of the mafor flashlight companies will be represented there? Or is it for collectors who buy and sell old antique lights?

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
bwcaw said:
Maybe we could even get Lambda to come! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, seems the interest has died out by the time I found this thread.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif