*New* Nitecore MT06 2xAAA Light

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
The XQ-E emitter is the most interesting part of this. Looks like a XP-E2 die on a 1.6mm^2 package.

kj75

Enlightened
nice!

But I don't want to see it like this :eeksign:

2rw3kw1.jpg

LuxN

Newly Enlightened
Might be getting me another new Nitecore light. Nitecore usually does a good job with their knurling, wish they would have use it on this. Any mention of price yet?

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
More manufacturers are starting to get what some of us really need vs. what can be done in the penlight format given current efficiency.

Even though 1/3 less intensity than my current 2aaa, it's 2x more overall lumens. Well nitecore lumens. And in a smaller package. Between this & the single speed medical jillite, I'm tempted to upgrade.

30lnexf.jpg

Don't lie, this completely does it for you freaks. The fluting at the base of the head already has you half fat.

holygeez03

Enlightened
Hopefully there is a nice neutral tint offering... or even better, high CRI...

The picture of the guy working on the equipment makes it look kinda neutral.

Chaitanya

Banned
nice!But I don't want to see it like this :eeksign:
2rw3kw1.jpg
what's wrong showing a physician/doctor and a mechanic using flashlight? I know a lot of dentists and doctors who use these 2*AAA sized lights daily in their clinics as they are small and the output is more than sufficient for their work. I work with networks and datacenters and even I use 2*AA/AAA sized lights at work place as they do are more than sufficient for the job at hand.

T45

Enlightened
I will probably get one. My 2AAA assortment of pen lights now includes 2 Preon 2s at present, gave one to my friend and lost one, for a total of 4. I have a Streamlight Pro Stylus 2AAA, an energizer(nearly junk) and I did have a TerraLux Brightstar 90 till leaking alkalines ruined it; however Rayovac did send me a certificate for the cost of the light. One 2xAAA I really wanted to try was the now discontinued Fenix LD05. A bit more pricey than most 2xAAA but had some interesting features. I keep hoping to see a control ring 2xAAA someday.

funkflex

Newly Enlightened
This looks very promising. Agree with the need for more knurling though. As a mechanic looking THE pen light, this would make #8 in my collection of pen lights. :sigh:

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
what's wrong showing a physician/doctor and a mechanic using flashlight? I know a lot of dentists and doctors who use these 2*AAA sized lights daily in their clinics as they are small and the output is more than sufficient for their work. I work with networks and datacenters and even I use 2*AA/AAA sized lights at work place as they do are more than sufficient for the job at hand.
I think he meant that he did not want his first glimpse of an MT06 to be with him on the table with the doctor/nurse hovering over. I don't think I would either, but I would be glad to see that that person had a good quality light to use while treating me!

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
It has a reverse clicky according to the description. I prefer forward clicky switches, especially in penlights.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know. The manual says that one way to switch between low and high modes is to press the rear switch half way and release. Can a rear clicky do that?

Yes. My Leatherman Serac (made by Fenix) lights have reverse clicky tail switches and a partial press causes a mode change.

Latest posts