Are these RCR123A batteries any good?

coctailer

Newly Enlightened
They were in a Surefire I bought off of a local gun forum.

Keep and use? or beware and kill with fire?
14399D0A-FB52-4423-A8AD-589A4557D1A7.jpg

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, the good news here is that LiFePO4 is not a dangerous chemistry. So the chances of them blowing up on you are not nearly as great as no-name ICR batteries. Probay the worst thing you have to worry about are cells with FAR below the rated capacity and/or cells that go dead on you for no good reason. So it certainly wouldn't hurt to give them a try. But, as the other guy said, make sure that you have a charger that is capable of charging LiFePO4. I typical 3.7V charger can't be used on these batteries unless it actually has a switch with which you can change the voltage to charge 3.2V LiFePO4 batteries.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
ExtremeBeam is not known for printing much you can believe, but since they don't even list the capacity of these batteries why waste your time and money.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I've been very happy with the Xtar MP2s switchable charger for my 3.0V LiFePO4 batteries. It'll also charge 3.7V cells. Check that one out if you're interested.

blackdog73

Newly Enlightened
Hi. Just signed new to this forum. Probably in the wrong place, but here goes.

I have a stockpile of panasonic photo lithium cr123 that i got cheaper than usual locally, and noticed they are all made in Indonesia. I find no mention on-line of indo manufactured cells of panasonic. There's mention of US manufactured ones, which i have only one of. Are theses cheaper versions? Thanks for any replies.

Raphion

Newly Enlightened
If the light uses two 123As, and the regulation is good down to 3 volts, a single 16650 cell will give you superior performance and runtime. And if the regulator is buck only, no boost, you'd get the added bonus of a "long tail" fade-out when the cell runs down, warning you that it's low, but not suddenly cutting out on you at a bad moment.

I use the newer 2500mAh version of these http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...est-Review-of-Keeppower-16650-2000mAh-(Black) They are really good.

coctailer

Newly Enlightened
The only charger I have is for Eneloops. I was thinking of getting a charger for 18650s, RCRs, and whatever's.

i don't have plans for these batteries yet. Maybe for my single cell lights.

I need to buy a couple chargers anyway.