Fenix LD 41 flashlight stopped working

bright star

Newly Enlightened
As the title implies my Fenix LD 41 mode changing button stops working periodically. Fenix is going to fix this or give me a credit for another flashlight apparently the dealer said there are problems with this model. Just wondering if anybody else has had any issues with this .other than that it has been a fantastic light.

3wide

Newly Enlightened
Did you contact Fenix directly with your problem? How were they to deal with?

reason I ask I just purchased a nitecore ea41 and it is defective out of the box. Was hoping the dealer I purchased it from would be more help. Looks like I'll have to go through the manufacture. We'll see.

fenix1

Newly Enlightened
Hi Bright,try a new battery holder and the problem will be sloved,Please send your name,phone number and address to fenix customer service at [email protected],we will post a new battery holder to you from China,so it may take sometime.

bright star

Newly Enlightened
Hi Bright,try a new battery holder and the problem will be sloved,Please send your name,phone number and address to fenix customer service at [email protected],we will post a new battery holder to you from China,so it may take sometime.

Awesome fenix one thank you so much . I will do that ,Nice to know the problem can be solved so quickly. :)

bright star

Newly Enlightened
Did you contact Fenix directly with your problem? How were they to deal with?

reason I ask I just purchased a nitecore ea41 and it is defective out of the box. Was hoping the dealer I purchased it from would be more help. Looks like I'll have to go through the manufacture. We'll see.

Looks like they got a hold of me ! awesome

fenix1

Newly Enlightened
Awesome fenix one thank you so much . I will do that ,Nice to know the problem can be solved so quickly. :)

You're welcome!
Fenix customer service team are always ready to help you,but the fastest way to slove your problem is to email us directly,because we may not read the posts on CPF timely.:)

atlantean

Newly Enlightened
As the title implies my Fenix LD 41 mode changing button stops working periodically. Fenix is going to fix this or give me a credit for another flashlight apparently the dealer said there are problems with this model. Just wondering if anybody else has had any issues with this .other than that it has been a fantastic light.

I got the same issue with my LD41. The problem seems to be in the small contact of the changing button located in the battery holder.

I have always been able to fix it so far, by using a paper clip to click on the contact in the battery holder a few times.

Curiously enough the change mode button stops working whenever I change batteries. Always. Then I have to open the flashlight, remove the battery holder and use the paper clip to "jump start" the change mode contact. Then it starts working again.

Other than this it is a great little flashlight.

I guess I need a new battery holder for it as well :)

Last edited:

bright star

Newly Enlightened
Just a quick update. Just received my new battery carrier from fenix. And the flashlight is working perfectly now, Thank You fenix1 for solving this problem so quickly. Also special shout out to cathy at fenix over in China' who air shipped the part and made sure I got to my destination quickly thank you again. :twothumbs

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Once mine was cleaned and lubed, I've had zero issues with my 680-lumen LD41. It gets used every morning and most nights, and I think it is an excellent light.

I have been truly impressed with Fenix all around, and fenix-store's customer service is top notch!

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a quick update. Just received my new battery carrier from fenix. And the flashlight is working perfectly now, Thank You fenix1 for solving this problem so quickly. Also special shout out to cathy at fenix over in China' who air shipped the part and made sure I got to my destination quickly thank you again. :twothumbs

Thank you for the update, bright star! Not everyone follows up; it's really cool that you did.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the update, bright star! Not everyone follows up; it's really cool that you did.

+1

Good work on the customer service too Fenix:thumbsup:. You guys really make some nice stuff. With a few minor changes, I think you could up your sales considerably though.

My suggestions are:

1. Offer more neutral white(hi CRI) emitter options(preferably for all models).

2. Improve your anodizing. You need more durable "real" type III anodizing like Armytek, Surefire, exc. Yours is too easily scratched.

3. You need lower lows on your lights. A real sub lumen moonlight mode(0.1-0.9 lumen) for all models is what most people want today.

4. Glass lenses on all models. Almost no one likes plastic lens and I really think that hurts your sales on small lights like the LD02, E05, E12, exc.

Just some suggestions to help your sales. I for one would buy more lights from you if you changed these few things:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
My suggestions are:

1. Offer more neutral white(hi CRI) emitter options(preferably for all models).

2. Improve your anodizing. You need more durable "real" type III anodizing like Armytek, Surefire, exc. Yours is too easily scratched.

3. You need lower lows on your lights. A real sub lumen moonlight mode(0.1-0.9 lumen) for all models is what most people want today.

4. Glass lenses on all models. Almost no one likes plastic lens and I really think that hurts your sales on small lights like the LD02, E05, E12, exc.

Just some suggestions to help your sales. I for one would buy more lights from you if you changed these few things:thumbsup:

I'm so enthusiastic about my Fenix lights (including the ~30 I gave out last month) that I've been (half-jokingly) asked if I have stock in the company, LOL.

That being said, I heartily second the above suggestions, especially
1. every light should have a neutral white option; I would re-buy every one of my lights!
3. a 1-lumen or sub-lumen mode; I would re-buy a second time (3 purchases for each light, LOL!) to gain that for every light.

Raptor_Designer

Newly Enlightened

One of my LD41s is occasionally doing the same thing. If I take one of the AA batteries out of the caddy and then put it back in it seems to 'reset' the flashlight and everything works fine.

Last edited:

chazz

Enlightened

I agree with your list except for #4:

TIR optics do have some advantages, and glass lenses also have some disadvantages. If they could make a TIR optic with scratch proof finish that would be cool.

Check out the Elzettas (they all have TIR optics), Surefire uses them quite often, Malkoff M60 dropin, I am sure there are others.... So far, I am quite happy with all my lights that have the TIR 'plastic' lens :)

chazz

Enlightened
Is the new battery carrier improved to fix the problem, and if so, do the current lights have the new carrier so it's not an issue with them?

Last edited:

Raptor_Designer

Newly Enlightened
One of my LD41s is occasionally doing the same thing. If I take one of the AA batteries out of the caddy and then put it back in it seems to 'reset' the flashlight and everything works fine.

Back on topic then!

I misspoke. Now no matter what I do the LD41 is stuck on the last power level.

fenix1, what do I need to do to get that air shipment that bright star got? Last time I needed warranty service on an E40 it took 5 weeks to get the part.

Latest posts