PowerLED with color AA/AAA

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe its the season, but I'd like to start looking at getting some small lights with color. I have my whites and my reds, I'm aware of some fantastic, well-built and expensive greens, but that's about it. Though I can't stand battery-crushers, I do wish Arc still sold new color LED lights, but I'd prefer the newer PowerLED lights and the fewer the LEDs the better (best if only one).

Are there a seasonal/party/fun powerled light, that isn't plastic, with many colors of quality?

I like to sit in flashlight light... there was once some marketing towards sitting in colored lights for health, which has been debunked, but color does affect mood. I notice I tend to get nauseous if I sit under red light too long (anyone else notice this?)

Specifically, I'm looking for single cell/single LED AAA PowerLED
gamma or xray (jk!!), violet, blue, blue-green, green, yellow... and a true orange... not orange-red

i.e. one light with multiple colors, or multiple lights with one color.

Thank you !
Happy Holidays!

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try peak LED solutions. I believe they still make some colored LED lights.

I looked, could not find any color for Peak other than XPE Red.

I found powerledlighting Slim LEDs these heads at PowerLEDLighting. I am nearly sold on the 2W 360nm UV head; should make a decent keychain sterilizer (though 254nm is ideal, its hard to find, and if found, very expensive). I like the 465nm blue head too, for the color not the style, but I'll take it. Its just for mood lighting, so any flood of moderate to low intensity will do. The green here won't work; my green needs to throw, and I'm also looking for a 405nm purlple/violet.

I don't know how to know what these will fit on... I'd love a stainless Peak Lug Keychain body for them, running 10440 for the UV.

CPF members that swap heads... do you know beforehand what works, mechanically - and electrically? If so, how do you know? Tell me everything. TIA.

Link Removed, Please see the banner at the top of the page - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

Norm

Retired Administrator
Try to contact Robyn at Peak. They may be able to make what you're looking for.

I had Peak build a 1 AA custom light with three 5mm UV LEDs that I supplied, that was four years ago, still going strong and one of the few lights I will never sell.

Norm