Replacement for O light M30 Triton

JeffInChi

Enlightened
I hope everyone is doing well.

For the last 5 years, I've operated and carried an Olight M30 Triton. The light as held up great considering all of the use and abuse I've put it through. I like the length, width, bezel size and weight. The light output on high is 700 lumens.

Im wondering if a brighter flashlight (1000 lumens or brighter) is available with the same overall size, perhaps with a better throw. The M30 has a MC-E LED (floody), and its "useful" output on high starts to really tank around 75-100 feet.

The reason I'd like to stick to the same general size is because I keep it in a belt holster, and I can't really afford any more space for a bigger light holster atm. It is adjustable, so I do have a little room for play on the size.

Dimensions (no batteries installed):Height: 212mm with battery extender
Width: 33.0mm (tailcap), 25.1mm (body tube), 42.9mm (bezel)
Weight: 164.0g (no extender), 180.8g (with battery extender).

I'd prefer a light that uses 18650 batteries. Does anybody have any recommendations? Once again, I'd like the maximum brightness for roughly the same size as my current light.

Thanks

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could start with an Olight M22. It's using the new XM-L2 to hit roughly the same ball-park for output on a single 18650.

Eagletac T25C2 would give you even higher output still on the same single 18650 if not the same runtime but it also has lower modes and a nice simple body design.

I wanted an M30 myself a few year ago but once the XM-L hit the market I decided hold off and see what happens. I personally love the simple rounded, slightly larger head design of the M30. I was hoping to see it revived with something equally stunning such as an XP-L or MT-G2.