my fav non led

raggie33

*the raggedier*
a dorcy spider was playing with it again tonight . man is this thing bright!!!!! and so small. im realy starting to love dorcy they make my fav led to the dorcy aaa.

Doug Meister

Newly Enlightened
Streamlight TL-3 Xenon. Havent got it yet but I'm told this thing smokes.
<font color="blue">--Ðøug
Rolleyes3.gif
</font> 2004.1.1.1.15.22 PT

maxilux

Enlightened
Yes, Duog

I have the TL3 Xenon, it is top quality and the brightness is famous.I think the best light you can buy in this class.
It is much brighter as an, for example SF Z3.

Happy new year to all.

maxilux

Enlightened
small size
good quality
good runtime (not only 20 min.)
good price
cheap bulbs
very bright
variable spot to flood focus
glas lens
what do want more?

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
a dorcy spider was playing with it again tonight . man is this thing bright!!!!! and so small. im realy starting to love dorcy they make my fav led to the dorcy aaa.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Dorcy Spyder and the TL-2 xenon are two of the brightest, longest throwing very compact 2x123 lights.

Streamlight TL-2……...4 7/8"………1 ¼"……………7/8"…………...4.1oz…....100 L
(Xenon)
Dorcy Spyder………….4 ¾"…………1 1/4"…………7/8"………….4.2oz….....…N/A

They are brighter than comparable lights by Surefire and other manufacturers because of their narrower beams. However they are still one or two steps dimmer than the ASP Taclite, PM6 and TACM III which are currently the brightest and longest throwing commercially manufactured 2x123 lights.

ASP Taclite ………..….5" …..………1 3/8" …………1 1/16"........5.4oz….7000 + CP
Pelican M6* ………....5 ½".……….1 ¼" ………… .15/16"……….5.8oz……….108 L
TACM III ………….…....4 5/8"………1 3/8 ……….….1" ………..…3.8oz…….105.5 L

The TACM III is the lightest and shortest of all the very bright 2x123 lights but its bezel and body diameter are slightly greater than the TL-2 or Spyder.

I was hoping to have a PM6 bulb modded to McGizmo's PR head but unfortunately that won't be impossible.

Brightnorm

rlhess

Enlightened
I have to add that the TL-3 is one of the best deals out there. Only the flexibility and slightly longer throw of the KT-4 has me carrying the L6 with KT-4 turbohead instead of the TL-3 as a long-throw backup. I have the TL-3 and TL-3 LEDs in my car.

The L4, Arc AAA, and the TL-3 can cover most lighting needs that can be covered with handheld flashlights.

Cheers,

Richard

danielo_d

Enlightened
Raggie, this is my favorite light, too!
I do agree, this lil puppy kicks butt! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

This is the only light that I have in this category. So, I don't experience with the others mentioned just yet.

The only downside is the runtime. I'm guessing around 1 hour. Is that on par with the 2-CR123A's and Xenon bulb configuration?

Danielo

walkinwith1

Newly Enlightened
My favorite non led is the Pelican M6. I like it better than my SF M2 mostly because I can focus the beam on the M6. The only one I have that I don't like is the 2AA Mag that John Deere gave us for 4 million hours without a lost time injury. They could have at least given us flashlights!

walkinwith

ROYALTO

Newly Enlightened
The spyder is a great little light. I have given a few away as presents and everyone is amazed at how bright it is, and you cant beat the price!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
hahaha its foggy tonight its awesume to play with ya lights in fog.i mean very very foggybut the sun is about to come up i think bummer

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I have been quite unable to 'keep up with the Jone's' and try all the great stuff. I have never had the pleasure of trying a TL2 or TL3.

I do have the LX, PM6, and G2 as 2L lights.

At this point the G2 (with Garrity Clickie Mod) is far and away my favorite incandescent light. It isn't TOO bright, and it doesn't throw too far. It is just a very nice beam in a VERY handy package!

PM6 could be as sweet, but lacks a clickie mod. Of course it's also quite a bit heavier.

LX was my first 2L. I have never carried it. It is just too fat around the bezel. It has an awfully tuff to push switch too.

Looks like I had better consider a TL3 as a near time future purchase...

But I really can't see it knocking the G2 off my belt!