Keeping Organsied

Ozgeardo

Newly Enlightened
I have always been one for keeping organised but I must admit my charging - batteries - parts and accessories for all my lights and associated bits and pieces was becoming a bit unmanageable. I have usually put all my organisation into my actual equipment and its storage in the respective field packs - BOB's - EDC's - Vehicles and the like. Finally got around to sorting all the other ancillary flashlight gear out and put some organisation into my charging and tidy up all the cables (it was all becoming a bit of a spiders web).

I am not any sort of techo wiz but I am a hard-core user and abuser of my lights.

I now have a dedicated charging area in my man-cave and some organisation for all the spares and repair parts that previously were scattered all over.
My charging area also is my go to storage area for some of my basic field gear that does not live in any of my current field packs and also has all my lanyard making gear (which sort of goes with most of my field gear anyway).

ChargampBattArea_zps1a06f3e2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

All my spare Fulton and Mag Lites now have a home waiting for future projects

FultonampMagDrawer_zpsea749990.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

All my spare parts have a home (I know there is not much but I am still finding parts all over and the box will soon fill)

SpareParts_zps192ceeaa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My Repair Kit

RepairKit_zps663006de.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Finally some organisation with my charging and power cables

D-CellAdapter_zps3262d9cc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I know it may not be all that impressive to some of our more techo flash-aholics but I feel better for getting organised.
Should we start a new show us your organisation (yeh I know it kind of sounds a bit lame :confused: )
Always glad to see how others stay organised plus I would imagine it is a bit of a safety thing also - my chargers and cables now can breathe and have some ventilation to keep cool.

I would like to see other work space - charging - storage solutions :)

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
What a great set up!

I came down with the same conditions and have my lights in pelican and Plano, and a parts supply box and a repair kit, and a travel repair kit.

Love be the peg board, but I choose cases with nice labeling on them due to dust at our main home in the desert.

After awhile with all the parts, testers, batteries, spare everything, grease, lubes, lanyard supplies, paperwork and all the lights, it is like a small business.

I do keep some of my favorite lights out in my den so I can seem them daily, not like guns that have to be locked away in the safe, that you never really enjoy - except for the intruder surprise guns I keep ready for punks who will really wish they went down the road.

Again, nice flashlight service and storage area. Is that in your garage?

Very well done! I See you label tour gear too, I have some of the orange containers you have from going gear, they are nice.

Last edited:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Actually, could shoot a wider shot of that, and a few close ups, I think many could get some good ideas from what you have put together, and I may set an area up like that. My photo studio is set up in a similar fashion, and so is my motorcycle race / service shop.

However they are in modern industrial buildings, with no dust issues. Our home is 1958 Mid Century Modern gem, a piece of art to live in, and big with many windows to capture the spectacular mountain views here in Palm Springs.

However, not set up for work areas.

Thanks,

All the best,

NR

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Awesome setup!

I have a similar setup in my man cave in our basement. I also set up two dedicated charging areas in the house to accommodate all the different chargers and batteries. Great minds think alike! :)

Last edited:

Ozgeardo

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the positive feedback, I would really like to see some photos of other peoples set ups for keeping organised and work spaces.
My photographic skills leave a lot to be desired but I have tried to take a wider shot of my work space for charging:

Wide_zpse01fc658.jpg

Not sure why I can not get my photos to be in focus? I did everything per photo bucket instructions?

Last edited:

onetrickpony

Enlightened
Very nice! I'm in the pre organizational stage, I have a few things organized in drawers and tackle boxes but there is a ton of stuff in cardboard boxes that needs a proper home.

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
June twenty-ninth. I gotta get in shape. Too much sitting has ruined my body. Too much abuse has gone on for too long. From now on there will be 50 pushups each morning, 50 pullups. There will be no more pills, no more bad food, no more destroyers of my body. From now on will be total organization. Every muscle must be tight.

smile.gif

_