L1sm.jpg
L2sm.jpg
L3sm.jpg

2003 LUMINESCENCE AWARD RESULTS

---------------------------------

1/ EDC FLASHLIGHT
1: Arc LS-series (29.6%)
Winner's Comments:
One of the goals for Arc Flashlight is to produce the best flashlight for Every Day Carry ("EDC") use. Thank you for recognizing us in this way.
-- Peter Gransee, Owner, Arcflashlight /Gransee

2: Arc AAA (21.6%)
3: Surefire L4 (11.4%)

2/ NON-RECHARGEABLE FLASHLIGHT
1: Surefire L4 (19.9%)
2: Arc LS-series (18.2%)
3: Surefire E2e (8.0%)
4: Surefire M6 (5.1%)
5: McLux (all variants) (4.6)

3/ RECHARGEABLE FLASHLIGHT
1: Tigerlight (all variants) (18.2%)
Winner's Comments:
We'd like to thank those who created the candlepower forum as well as the many talented and insightful "flashaholics" who keep us thinking as we strive to "exceed the imagination" with superior, innovative products that save lives and make life better.
-- Michael Teig, President/CEO, Tigerlight, Inc.

2: Maglite Magcharger (6.3%)
3: Streamlight Stinger (5.1%)
4: Streamlight Ultrastinger (4.6%)
5: Surefire 10X (3.9%)

4/ LED FLASHLIGHT
1: Surefire L4 (27.3%)
2: Arc LS-series (23.3%)
3: Arc AAA (9.7%)

5/ FLASHLIGHT MANUFACTURER (NON-MOD)
1: Arc (40.3%)
Winner's Comments:
We are pleased to have such a good reputation among those who know us. Thank you again!
-- Peter Gransee, Owner, Arcflashlight /Gransee

2: Surefire (38.7%)
3: Streamlight (11.9%)

6/ MODS MANUFACTURER
1: Mr Bulk (20.5%)
Winner's Comments:
Wow, Gee, Th-Th-Thanks, guys! Didn't even know I was in the running for anything at all, so to be even mentioned along with the true greats is all heartwarming and fuzzy. And to think I didn't even vote!

Your kind tallies of confidence should inspire (pressure?) me to come up with my best mod ever, and indeed it shall -- look for it in about a month!

-- Charlie Wong /MrBulk

2: Dat2zip (18.8%)
3: McGizmo (9.7%)

7/ FLASHLIGHT ACCESSORY
1: Surefire KL1 (9.7%)
2: holsters (various types) (7.4%)
3: Berkeley Point Mini-clips (6.8%)
4: Surefire KL4 (6.3%)
5: Surefire Spares Carrier (all variants)(3.4%)

8/ FLASHLIGHT RETAILER
1: TIE FOR FIRST PLACE:
Brightguy.com (17.1%)
Winner's Comments:
Everyone at BrightGuy would like to thank all of you for your support over the years. As you know, we remain committed to offering you the best products coupled with unsurpassed customer service.

BrightGuy is a family owned and family run company, and we have come to think of you, our customers, as our "extended family" and always look forward to your phone calls and emails.

Best wishes to all for a happy and healthy 2004.

-- Greg Atwell & Tina Fram, Brightguy.com

Tacticalwarehouse.com (17.1%)
Winner's Comments:
We at Tactical Warehouse want to extend our heartfelt appreciation and gratitude to the members of CandlePowerForums for your votes of confidence in considering Tactical Warehouse for these awards. Our overall success is due in large part to you, our wonderful customers, for your loyal patronage, support and goodwill. Thanks to everyone for a great year!
-- Dan Legg, Owner, Tactical Warehouse

3: Batterystation.com (6.3%)

9/ BATTERY MANUFACTURER
1: Surefire (31.3%)
2: Duracell (15.3%)
3: Rayovac (7.4%)

10/ RETAILER WEBSITE
1: Brightguy.com (25%)
Winner's Comments:
Everyone at BrightGuy would like to thank all of you for your support over the years. As you know, we remain committed to offering you the best products coupled with unsurpassed customer service.

BrightGuy is a family owned and family run company, and we have come to think of you, our customers, as our "extended family" and always look forward to your phone calls and emails.

Best wishes to all for a happy and healthy 2004.

-- Greg Atwell & Tina Fram, Brightguy.com

2: Tacticalwarehouse.com (9.1%)
3: TADgear.com (6.9%)

11/ MANUFACTURER WEBSITE
1: Surefire.com (41.5%)
2: Arcflashlight.com (23.9%)
3: Streamlight.com (5.7%)

12/ FLASHLIGHT INFORMATION WEBSITE
1: CPF (42.6%)
2: FlashlightReviews (22.2%)
3: The LED museum (20.5%)

13/ CPF Member of the Year
1: McGizmo (11.4%)
Winner's Comments:
Thanks guys. It's a real honor!
--- Don McLeish /McGizmo
2: Mr Bulk (6.8%)
3: pk (5.1%)

For your convenience, here is the 2002 Lummies Results LINK.
ATTENTION: AWARDS WINNERS
At your option, please send your brief "acceptance post" to [email protected]. I'll be sure to post it above, under appropriate Category.

Also, the "official" 2003 LUMINESCENCE AWARDS graphics are now available to you for posting on your websites. If interested, please send request to: [email protected].
A Special Thanks to CPF Member Tom Hollie (Unforgiven) for his independent vote tabulation efforts.
PRIZE RAFFLE
By random drawing, the prize winners are as follows:
1st: CPF# 5092 smokinbasser (contact [email protected] to arrange delivery).
2nd: CPF #2589 kev1-1 (contact [email protected], CPF name: Sigman, to arrange delivery).

snuffy

Enlightened
guncollector : Thanks for your efforts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
13 CPF Member of the Year
1: McGizmo (11.4%)
2: Mr Bulk (6.8%)
3: pk (5.1%)

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Geode

Enlightened
Great stuff! Thanks for the efforts to administer the poll and tally the results. It is fun to see the results.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
thanx !
some interesting results ...
will the award winning companies and individuals receive notice and maybe banners to demonstrate their award?
bernhard

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Congratulations to all the winning indivuals and companies. Your dedication, inovation and skill-of-craft will keep us "out-of-the-dark" for years to come.

I'd also like to congratulate CPF, it's owner(s), Administration and Moderators. It's this medium that allows all of this to be possible.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi Guys,

A special and surprised thanks to those who voted for me! To the rest of us --> /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2003 was a very wild ride in new illumination options. It was great to be involved here on CPF where we got to do some of our own exploration. I think 2004 stands to be even more interesting and while waiting for the "Pros" to integrate new technologies, we can again go else where and try it our way! If I have helped or encouraged anyone else to get their hands in it and on it, then the satisfaction and gratitude is all mine! What better way to justify one's questionable endeavors than to point to others of like minds and activities? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

There are so many good people bringing diverse talents and ideas here to CPF that it is humbling and an honor to be singled out as a nominee. Thanks again. Well, that was now last year and here we are in a new year. Let's collectively K some A and raise the bar every chance we get! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-- Don

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]

Your kind tallies of confidence should inspire (pressure?) me to come up with my best mod ever, and indeed it shall -- look for it in about a month!
-- Charlie Wong /MrBulk

[/ QUOTE ]

New Years Resolution #1: I WILL NOT miss out on that one!
(Can I be the first to pre-order in 2004?) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Congratulations to all - and special thanks to GunCollector for this unique informational service. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

guncollector

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
I see I won 3rd place in the "Informational Websites" category...can I place the graphic on my Awards page and note that it is a "runner up" winner?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, Craig, go for it.

I'll work on an "official" graphic for 1/2/3 place and forward it to you when its ready.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
guncollector said:
[ QUOTE ]
I see I won 3rd place in the "Informational Websites" category...can I place the graphic on my Awards page and note that it is a "runner up" winner?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, Craig, go for it.

I'll work on an "official" graphic for 1/2/3 place and forward it to you when its ready.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you for the quick response here.
I uploaded the current graphic to my own server, and when you have a 3rd place version ready, I'll place it up there at once. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

rookie

Enlightened
Congratulations to everyone. It's times like these that make this hobby ever more so better....

Keep up the great work everyone....

Have a Happy New Year!

Darell

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
McGizmo said:
Well, that was now last year and here we are in a new year. -- Don

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, yeah... whatever. As you point out, you were LAST year's winner. Yesterday's news. Isn't it time to vote again? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I'd just like to go on record as saying that this is one of the few times in history where the guy that I voted for actually one the thing. Yay me!

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Well thanks, but as you pointed out in a private e-mail, you voted for yourself as best EDC. With coffee burn still in my nostrils, I would like to suggest that Ron *did* void your ballot! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif