Jetbeam        
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: Moddoolar Triple Wasp Cooling Head and Glow System

Default Moddoolar Triple Wasp Cooling Head and Glow System

Quote Originally Posted by ElectronGuru View Post
    F1 will of course, have no GID by default.
    Excellent. I was just thinking that I won't want my F1 to glow. I presume there is no component to fill in for the glow material if I convert an E3 to an F1.
    Last edited by Grizzman; 12-31-2014 at 01:36 PM.

Default Re: Moddoolar Triple Wasp Cooling Head and Glow System

This darn thing is sooo hot....err I mean cool. My request...sometime in the future. ...infinite adjustment magnetic control ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Moddoo View Post

gktii, I will get that light turned around and back to you the same day it lands here. Sorry I missed the glow insert on yours.
    yeah no worries...i appreciate it...
    i welcome the dark

Light has arrived. I can tell this is going to get expensive for me...LOL..........very nice!!!!! Thanks OR !

Definitely going to have to pick up an XPL when they are available............

I am doing my best to patiently wait for the XPLs to drop. Very excited. It will be my first custom flashlight.

Happy Friday Everyone!

I have made a lot of progress on more heads but they are not completed yet.

Planning to ship them to Oveready early next week. Late next week/weekend should be awesome!

Have a great weekend all.

-Tom

Thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerealand View Post
    What is the temperature on the Neutral XP-L? 4000k?
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectronGuru View Post
    I don't have a number yet but will be watching it closely and working to provide a number before release.
    Definitely looking forward to this, any more info on the temperature of the XPL?
    Thanks
    JD

Hopefully the neutral XPL is 4000k, the ones I've installed from IS have a very nice tint.

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, New York City Manhattan

You guy's are the high-tech leaders in the industry with all these heads, switches and options.

Well done!

Best,

NR
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, New York City Manhattan

Hey, what became of the Malkoff M61NLLLL?

I got one from you, and love it, by the way...can you tell me aproxamently how many were made?

Best,

NR
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

Thanks for the clarification about trit installation. I'm watching closely for the release of the XPLs!

So, has anyone else been obsessively checking the Moddoolar category at Overready multiple times a day to see if they might have miraculously added some stock?

Quote Originally Posted by dfsutton View Post
    So, has anyone else been obsessively checking the Moddoolar category at Overready multiple times a day to see if they might have miraculously added some stock?
    that would be a Yep...haha...everyday, several times a day...
    i welcome the dark

Ditto
    WTB Surefire M1 (interested even if you only have the body.)

Nah. I'll let you guys snag the first batch. I'm leaning more towards an F1 at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLed View Post
    Hey, what became of the Malkoff M61NLLLL?

I got one from you, and love it, by the way...can you tell me aproxamently how many were made?
    We only made a few batches of 10-20 before Gene restructured things and made 61's and 31's impossible to cary. So probably less than 50 ever.

Quote Originally Posted by dfsutton View Post
    We're happy to have you but will be posting updates here before posting new stock.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

Thanks for the heads up.

Flashaholic

That's why I've been obsessively checking this thread.... Come on Neutral XPL head's!!!
    Last edited by th8tredude; 01-06-2015 at 08:37 PM.

Flashaholic

Lol It's 9:45 PST and i looks like I'm the first one to post here today. I bet being told that We'll be forewarned before F3's go up for sale on Overready has something to do with that! Anyway I have a question about the optics when using XP-L's. Do XP-L's fit in the standard Carclo triple optic or not? I heard that the optics pegs weren't seating into the holes in the MCPCB. So, some guys apparently were "boring out" the optic to enlarge the diameter but it really mucks things up. In the photos on Overready the f3 are spotless though. I presume the XP-L's aren't being dedomed, right?

The calm before the storm...

If you follow LUX RC on Facebook they have been dedoming XPL's in their triples and putting a custom flat dome on it (or something). I asked earlier if these XPL's were of this type and my question wasn't answered. But if you look at the description on the website it says choose XPL for tighter beam over the 219. Dome on triple XPL would almost certainly be flooder than 219's....

Yes, Lux-RC uses a proprietary method to replace the silicon dome with a flat protective dome. This corrects color shift and diode degradation. The XP-L does not normally fit in XP-sized Carclo optics, yet another reason why they were being dedomed left and right. A couple of CPF/BLF members approached Carclo some time ago about producing XP-L specific optics but the price of retooling (i.e. new molds) is very high. Luckily, Lux-RC has created a custom optic they are calling the T11. It produces higher candela beams with a much cleaner transition to spill (fewer artifacts) when used in conjunction with XP-L's. Serge is making the T11's by hand so they are only available by request. However, molds are on their way and the T11 will become a standard option...meaning we might see it used in the Wasp heads.

FWIW, I also follow Lux-RC on a Russian forum. It's extremely difficult to understand but Serge tends to post more detailed info there.

Quote Originally Posted by drillbitz11 View Post
    Lol It's 9:45 PST and i looks like I'm the first one to post here today. I bet being told that We'll be forewarned before F3's go up for sale on Overready has something to do with that! Anyway I have a question about the optics when using XP-L's. Do XP-L's fit in the standard Carclo triple optic or not? I heard that the optics pegs weren't seating into the holes in the MCPCB. So, some guys apparently were "boring out" the optic to enlarge the diameter but it really mucks things up. In the photos on Overready the f3 are spotless though. I presume the XP-L's aren't being dedomed, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    If you follow LUX RC on Facebook they have been dedoming XPL's in their triples and putting a custom flat dome on it (or something). I asked earlier if these XPL's were of this type and my question wasn't answered. But if you look at the description on the website it says choose XPL for tighter beam over the 219. Dome on triple XPL would almost certainly be flooder than 219's....
    Last edited by IsaacL; 01-07-2015 at 06:23 AM.
    On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Flashaholic* ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond's Avatar

Assuming this information is accurate, that is pretty impressive. Although, are we sure that LuxRC is the one doing this? Isn't there also a light from OLight which is using a de-domed XP-L? I wonder if this special process is being done by Cree, or maybe Olight is sourcing from another location like LuxRC. Just speculating.

I would be very interested in a XP-L head if this information is correct as it sounds like it will be qute impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond View Post
    Assuming this information is accurate, that is pretty impressive. Although, are we sure that LuxRC is the one doing this? Isn't there also a light from OLight which is using a de-domed XP-L? I wonder if this special process is being done by Cree, or maybe Olight is sourcing from another location like LuxRC. Just speculating.

I would be very interested in a XP-L head if this information is correct as it sounds like it will be qute impressive.
    99% sure

Flashaholic

I would think it would be stated somewhere by Overready/Torchlab if the XP-L's were dedomed though.

Just calculated the setup I want for a XPL Moddo pocket, clocks in just under $400.

USA made, small business and high quality with great warranty. I'm all about it.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    Just calculated the setup I want for a XPL Moddo pocket, clocks in just under $400.

USA made, small business and high quality with great warranty. I'm all about it.
    Worth every penny...., I resisted, but once I got into it....

The two complete Moddoolar lights have TL50 bodies, shorty tailcap "guts" so I can run 1x18650 or 2x18350s

Last edited by nfetterly; 01-08-2015 at 11:45 AM.

Howdy Folks,

We have more Nichia 219B Hi-CRI that should be landing at Oveready for a weekend release.

I'm still working hard to bring you the XPL heads. Looks like it may be another week before they get to Dan.

Thanks for your patience. These will be worth it.

-Tom
    Last edited by Moddoo; 01-08-2015 at 02:29 PM.

Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast