Which flashlights have a red and blue strobe?

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: question

Any light in the Nitecore SRT line (except the SRT6), and any light in the Sunwayman F line.

Sherbona

Newly Enlightened
Adding to ones already mentioned...

Nitecore Chameleons (CR6, CB6, CG6, CU6, CI6)
Rayus A10 WRB

Last edited:

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
Back on topic: the EagleTac D25LC2 Color has a red/blue strobe, although you'll be doing a lot of head twists to get there.
Also the JetBeam RRT26, which is very close the the SRT7 in many ways. A bit smaller and lighter, but no reversible pocket clip, and higher standby current.
Then there is also the Sunwayman F40A.

The D25LC2 has a much brighter police strobe, but it's not nearly as accessible as the ones on the RRT26 and SRT7.

Last edited:

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
Also the JetBeam RRT26, which is very close the the SRT7 in many ways. A bit smaller and lighter, but no reversible tailcap, and higher standby current.
Reversible pocket clip is of course what I meant to write.

RedSquirrel

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to bump an almost 4yr old thread but can anyone think of any blue and red strobe flashlights that can rival the EagleTac D25LC2 color? I got my EagleTac color (and love it!) but find it a mega faff to access the strobe modes. Any recommendations? :)

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to bump an almost 4yr old thread but can anyone think of any blue and red strobe flashlights that can rival the EagleTac D25LC2 color? I got my EagleTac color (and love it!) but find it a mega faff to access the strobe modes. Any recommendations? :)

First-Light T Max LE... maybe the older Tomahawk 400 lumen models? Def the T Max... I have one

bykfixer

Flashaholic
^^ Was going to suggest that brand too.
Not sure their current offerings but my 2014 Tomahawk has an option for a red or blue or both strober.

They are right angle lights with buttons on the top along the lines of a video game controller that has different functions depending on which part of your thumb you press with.
Once you get the hang of it you may ask yourself how come more companies don't do similar.

Last edited:

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
^^ Was going to suggest that brand too.
Not sure their current offerings but my 2014 Tomahawk has an option for a red or blue or both strober.

They are right angle lights with buttons on the top along the lines of a video game controller that has different functions depending on which part of your thumb you press with.
Once you get the hang of it you may ask yourself how come more companies don't do similar.

I think they don't offer the older Tomahawk with the red blue but the T Max has this. Not cheap but customer care impressed the hell out of me and lifetime warranty is a major plus.

RedSquirrel

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestion, agree that the switch seems like a good idea for instant access to different modes. The main negative of the T Max over the D25LC2 is the fact the D25LC2 red, blue and green is intensely bright and the T Max looks to be just coloured standard LEDs in the surrounding lens ring.

I love the fact the D25LC2 can have every mode used in every colour but the hidden red blue strobe is incredible. I was just hoping in the 4 or so years since the D25LC2 was released that there would be another along to compete with it in terms of brightness?

HouseBuilder328

Newly Enlightened
Interesting thread on which lights have red and blue strobes - but was wondering the usefulness of this feature of you are not an LEO? Would it be to scare intruders or people on your property away? What are some other good reasons to have a red/blue strobe feature on the light?

XR6Toggie

Newly Enlightened
Interesting thread on which lights have red and blue strobes - but was wondering the usefulness of this feature of you are not an LEO? Would it be to scare intruders or people on your property away? What are some other good reasons to have a red/blue strobe feature on the light?

I'm an LEO and have never needed red and blue flashing lights on a torch. They could be an interesting gimmick but could put you in serious legal trouble in my part of the world.

RedSquirrel

Newly Enlightened
To me it's an extra step towards being noticed in an emergency over just a standard strobe. Unless you're driving with it flashing out the windscreen I doubt there would be a legal issue with its usage.

Besides the point it's a very interesting feature and I like flashlights with interesting features and added functionality.