What lights did you receive for Christmas? (2014 edition)

H.J.M.

Newly Enlightened
Keep it short n'sweet:

list and pics if you can.
Fenix hp25
fenix hl50
47s Preon 1 gen2
thrunite v4Ti

Awe no e99Ti.. :(

:D

(Edit). An olight s15 baton just arrived too. That is it for 2014.

Last edited:

veatorious

Newly Enlightened
Merry Christmas everyone.

I am happy to receive both a Surefire E1D and Fenix PD35.

Bruno28

Enlightened
Sunwayman d40c and jetbeam WL-S1.
and contemplating to get a acebeam x60m as post Christmas. Still haven decided.

ven

Flashaholic
Well i received my triple quad well before Christmas:),still await my 3 x tube lights ordered from the 24th Nov:shakehead
Also recently got a tm06vn u3 in the mail,should be with me just in new year:D.............cant wait

Poppy

Flashaholic
I received an early Christmas gift of a Titanium Eagletac D25a clicky. A really beautiful light. Puts a smile on my face each time I light her up. :)

I ordered a Convoy C8 XM-L2 smooth reflector driven at 2.8 amps. Despite the fact that it is a T6 4C bin and tint, its beam profile, and throw is similar to my older TK35 with an XML emitter. A U2-1A XM-L2 may do as well as a current TK35... maybe. Very nice. And for $16 ... just incredible.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gifted a new Nitecore HC50. Ordered a XP-L Thrunite Ti to try out...most likely I'll give it away, but I did want to play with it first. Also ordered a Convoy S6, for pretty much the same reason (and to boost my order above the minimum for free shipping).

I haven't bought any new lights lately, other than a Nitecore Tube. My collection is at the point now where I really have to justify any new purchase...I have my lighting needs very well covered. Eyeing the CQvn still, but I don't know what host to use, and I'm not sure I want to spend the money (yet).

Last edited:

H-Man

Enlightened
Nothing. I got the 3xXM-L2 1500 lumen light from home depot so I could see what would happen when the battery running it has an internal resistance of 100 mΩ. I've tested my eneloop AAs and have found they are 50mΩ a piece so 8 eneloops in a 4s2p config should give me 100mΩ. A 4S1P of eneloops gives 6 amps, I just need to find my copper stash so I can make a positive contact.

I'll likely end up returning it because it has no real redeeming features.

Jas29

Newly Enlightened
So my dad finally got to open up his olight s20r. which is the first higher end flashlight for our family always used cheaper lights. Holy crap is 550 lumens bright. I knew it would be bright but never thought it would be that bright .

rpm00

Enlightened
I already posted above, but wanted to update. Man this HP25 is great! Ability to independently control the flood and spot beams is very nice for a headlamp. Allows for varied uses. I was looking at the ZebraLight but could never decide whether to get flood or spot. So being able to do both from one light makes this pretty useful. It runs 4xAA with an external battery pack on the back which I think will be fine as the weight is distributed. Overall I think it's a great headlamp and no longer have the itch to pick up a ZebraLight headlamp.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I won a X2vnT in Vinh's Christmas/New Year giveaway thread. Looking forward to trying to out! The stripped anodizing makes it pretty unique, too, not many others like it. And really fun to get something for free!

RIX TUX

Enlightened
I got myself a zebralight sc62 for 76 dollars shipped. I think my sc600 II will never be used again.