Best or worst way you killed or lost a light?

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mcgizmo Sapphire, lost it while at a hotel. Im 90% positive I left it behind and it got swiped.

:fail:

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
I gifted a Gen 1 3xAA Mini Maglite to my father in law. He was using it to look in the truck of his car and it fell down inside the rear quarter panel section where he couldn't get to it.........still there AFAIK. He has long since traded of the car.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
I gifted a Gen 1 3xAA Mini Maglite to my father in law. He was using it to look in the truck of his car and it fell down inside the rear quarter panel section where he couldn't get to it.........still there AFAIK. He has long since traded of the car.

Even though it wasn't a too expensive loss, that would drive me bat crazy.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dumped my 20 year old Mag Lite by accident in a Lidl branch in Berlin by emptying my back pack of plastic bottles(thing you do over there as a 25 cent charge on purchase but refunded on return)

The return bag held hundreds and I never discovered the light missing for a day or two.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dropped a Zebralight SC600 out of my left front pocket once onto concrete and it died. Poor little fragile light.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Years ago I hid a maratac aaa cu in the garden so it could tarnish outdoors. Totally forgot where i hid it...
Stupid :)

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dropped a 4AAA Coast Frogman flashlight on my foot from about one meter height. That broke the light, in spite of its massive stainless steel bezel and my slipper which cushioned the fall.

The fall had broken a surface mount component off the printed circuit board. I resoldered it back on and that fixed the Frogman.

Boss Hoss

Newly Enlightened
I only had my Big Bruiser (one of his first ones) from Wayne and had to work on my fender well at the ranch and left it on (temp was about 90) and when
I came back after being distracted it melted the top end--toast lol...

lunas

Enlightened
there are better ways of tarnishing a cu light i tested some copper wire with my 3 9v anodization bath when i did my titanium the copper wire took 3 seconds to turn a nice blackish copper...

i lost a aaa mini mag trying to convert it to led...

Charles L.

Enlightened
Best way I've lost a light was unknowingly to drop it into a pile of old Thomas the Tank toys in a coat closet, only to be found again when my wife finally sorted through the toys to give them away. I'd been trying to locate that JetBeam TC-R3 for over a year -- mighty surprised to see it in my stocking this Christmas!

Illum

Flashaholic
Lost a couple Fenix E01s when I used it as the hook sinker in the local channel. Did its job well, till something took off with it, the second light got snagged on something.:ohgeez:

KD5XB

Enlightened
I recently fot a new JETBeam Jet-III M 3M PRO and was so excited to try it out, that I simply took the 18650 from my old Jet-3 Military and stuck int eh new flashlight. It's bright as anything, but I put my old Jet-3 Military down somewhere and haven't seen it for WEEKS! Maybe one day...

mbw_151

Enlightened
I destroyed a Mini-Mag trying to extract an alkaline cell the had leaked and expanded in the case. I guess that's the worst, no fun involved at all. I did get the cell out, but cracked the tube in the process. I guess you could say that I destroyed it twice. The moral of the story, only use Energizer E2 Lithium AA or AAA cells if you leave them in lights for a very long time.

Tacti'cool'

Newly Enlightened
I had a Surefire 6PX Tactical and a A2 in my tool bag...and then it was stolen. Not a good day at work.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
MD2 with a Sportac Triple 219 rolled off the counter in the kitchen. Md2 survived like a champ. Sportac triple died instantly. Left me hungry in the dark. Trying to see if the triple can be repaired by the vendor.

benchrest

Newly Enlightened
Working in a rail yard moving cars around, my McGizmo Mule slipped off my belt and I didn't have it tethered to me. Still hoping to find it in the spring. Wishful thinking. Learned a lesson that day!

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

VKPIII

Newly Enlightened
My 19 month old daughter has recently got her hands on my thrunite tn12 I left on my nightstand. She then must have thrown it in the garbage. That night I took the garbage out and the cans to the curb. After two days of looking I realized what happened. Gone forever. Cans have kid proof lids now.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best way I've ever killed a light? AC wall current! It's a few seconds of awesome! :crackup: