Cool Christmas Gift! Thanks Neighbor! (Flexible Flashlight)

cyber5

Newly Enlightened
My neighbor gave me a pretty cool gift...a flexible flashlight that telescopes and has magnets at both ends. You can stick it to a metal surface to support it, and/or pick stuff up with the head (or the tail)! It has 3 LEDs.

Here's a link http://shop.halo2cloud.com/collecti...led-telescoping-flashlights?variant=998199556

I already used it to check the wiring to my A/V receiver and its awesome for stuff like that. Its not a thrower, and the lumens aren't spectacular, but its pretty dang nice! I'd recommend it to everyone, and apparently it comes in a pack of 3. It uses (4) LR44 batts - can't speak for the life of those yet...

Anyone torn one of these apart yet? It seems well constructed with aluminum body, small knurls...seems it's begging to be modded, but I only have one so I don't want to rip it apart! I'd like to get a couple sets-of-3 of these and make some UV, IR, and other variations...when I have extra time and cash.

What are your thoughts?

ChibiM

Enlightened
Ive seen it more than once.. but it never drew my attention.
You could do many things with it, different tints or even UV or IR, but at the moment I would not have any use for it.
if you ever mod it/them, please let us know how it worked out.

cyber5

Newly Enlightened
Thanks ChibiM!
It's found a home in my tech tool case for the moment, so Im not ripping it apart yet. When I got it, I figured someone here would have already torn it apart and done something with it...but I understand that most modders are into doing $500 lights rather than $5 lights. :)

ChibiM

Enlightened
just use google and search for some budget light modding.. you might find something useful!