Zebra h602 batteries

Phadden1980

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum and would like some info. I have been looking at buying a zebra light h602 for doing electrical work. The problem is I have searched on batteries and chargers and I just don't really understand what to get. Can someone please tell me which is the best battery and charger for this light. Thank you very much.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Taz80

Enlightened
The Nitecore I2 and I4 chargers and the Xtar VP1 and VP2 are all good chargers. For batteries (3400 Mah) AW, Olight, Redilast, Eagletac and Soshine all fit in my H600 and SC62.

soul347

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum and would like some info. I have been looking at buying a zebra light h602 for doing electrical work. The problem is I have searched on batteries and chargers and I just don't really understand what to get. Can someone please tell me which is the best battery and charger for this light. Thank you very much.

You need not be overwhelmed. First know the battery size. For the h602 you need an 18650 size battery. You probably won't find these commonly in stores so you will have to buy online. There are many brands to choose from, but simply choose a brand that is reputable. Avoid brands such as "ultrafire" or "trustfire" as these are knock of brands that lie about their battery capacity ratings, and some have reported that they are quite dangerous. Personally I've been using Nitecore batteries and a nitecore charger for quite some time without issues. Other good battery brands include Fenix, Eagletac, Olight, and more. You can't really go wrong with any of them.

By the way, I think the H602 is a fine choice, but if you may ever need to see a bit further than what is just right in front of you, I'd suggest looking into another light like the H600F which is also great for close range work, but also has a bit of throw if you need to see anything several feet away. The H602 is PURE flood, no throw, while the H600F is more flood, but with a bit of throw.

Enlightened
I have the Nitecore I4 for about 2 years now. Best $13 I have spent. It charges all my batteries for flashlights, wireless headphones, remote controls, wireless keyboards, and mouse. As for 18650 battery, there are many choices. I use Soshine, but wouldn't recommend that brand. Ask your question here and you might get more answer: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?9-Flashlight-Electronics-Batteries-Included&
What's wrong with Soshine batteries? I have a pair of their 3400mah protected cells and they're fine.

Phadden1980

Newly Enlightened
soul347;4569901 By the way said:
I haven't bought the light yet but you think I will like the 600f better? This light will be used for mostly electrical work indoors.

Taz80

Enlightened
If you are using the light to wire panels, lights fans or just pull wire the H602 will be great, although I'd recommend the H602w version. Its neutral and will cut down on the glare some and show colors better. If you are chasing wire I'd recommend a hand held, wouldn't be a bad idea to have one as a backup anyway. The H600f is a better all rounder, if you are going to use the light for outdoor activities like camping, hiking, working in the yard, etc.

soul347

Newly Enlightened
I haven't bought the light yet but you think I will like the 600f better? This light will be used for mostly electrical work indoors.

602 is a great option for purely electrical work in doors at close range, but I'm saying the 600Fw will also do the job well, but will have a wider application should you ever need it. Check youtube for beam shot comparisons between the 2 lights. The main limitation is that you can't see very far with it, and you need to kick up the brightness indoor to see a few feet ahead of you, whereas the 600F has a bit more throw. I am getting the Armytek Wizard Pro Warm on its way in the mail, which is comparable to the 600Fw.

Either way, I don't want you to be swayed by my suggestion, but whatever I have said to make your own decision. You know your use cases more than I do

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's wrong with Soshine batteries? I have a pair of their 3400mah protected cells and they're fine.

One of the two I bought was DOA. The retailer doesn't stock them anymore.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the H502w, the AA version of the H602. At the setting of 100lm, I can see ten feet away just fine.

As always, get info from people with first-hand knowledge.

07longbed

Newly Enlightened
I'm an electrician using zebralights indoors. I have 5 or 6 and prefer the regular non-floody models with the standard reflector such as H52, H51, H600, etc. the floodier models I tend to leave on a higher setting which leads to the battery draining too fast.