Stanley 5 watt LED SL5W anyone replaced the battery pack yet?

Robstorch

Newly Enlightened
I have two of these and they still work very nicley but they are now over 4 years old and run time is getting shorter than I like. Anyone found or made a replacement pack for these? I think its 6 AAA.

IlluminatedOne

Newly Enlightened
I cut out some of the plastic inside and put a 6x AA pack i had lying around IIRC 1200mah which works fine charges fine just takes longer due to the increased capacity, you will see that a 6AA pack fits almost like that's what it was originally designed for.
I keep meaning to get some eneloops to make a 6xAA pack that would have low self discharge.

Always wanted to put a XPG in it also but never got round to it.

Yeah I mean you'd have to junk the board inside, the wall wart might work if you could find a simple balanced charger that would fit in the case, but it's probably easier to just expose a balance lead for a regular hobby charger.

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would need a driver as well. Only one board, controls all aspects.... charging, dimming, lo-volt shutdown, etc...
I got my son one, ended up with 2 boards.... one (stock main, semi mod'd) and the balance board with it using stock charger plug. Used 2s3p 08600s @ 1.09wh. Ran for about 4 days on low, maybe 2.5 on high.

Would need a driver as well. Only one board, controls all aspects.... charging, dimming, lo-volt shutdown, etc...
I got my son one, ended up with 2 boards.... one (stock main, semi mod'd) and the balance board with it using stock charger plug. Used 2s3p 08600s @ 1.09wh. Ran for about 4 days on low, maybe 2.5 on high.

08600s? Those tiny rolled LiPos? I'd just stack some bigger ones, like an RC heli pack. I've not been motivated to do anything with it though, since it's more of a novelty item.

Latest posts