ASP Flashlight questions

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've read quite a bit on the forum about the Asp Triad and the TACM III. I've found the Triad at quite a few sites, but I can't seem to find a source for the TACM III. Could somebody please post a link...I'd be forever indebted to you! Thanx and Regards!

PJD

brightnorm

Flashaholic
PJD,

I've had much experience with the TACM III, ASP Taclite (internal focus model) and the PM6, and I've reviewed and written about them. They are, as you probably know, the three brightest, longest throwing 2x123 lights currently available. The TACM III is the shortest and lightest of the three (see link)

INSTANT SPECS FOR 58 POPULAR LIGHTS

It is an excellent light. However, at this point I would recommend either the ASP or the PM6 over the TACM III for a number of reasons that I can go into later if you're interested. I would only recommend the ASP Taclite in the internal focus model. I hope it is still being made. I can recommend the PM6 (Pelican) without reservation, even though it is the longest and heaviest of the three.

PM6 WINS ITS PLACE AS ONE OF 3 BRIGHTEST 2x123 LIGHTS

It is also a "best buy" in this category.

Brightnorm

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brightnorm...Thanx for posting the links to your review of those lights. That's exactly what I was looking for, because my hunt IS for a long-throw 2X123 cell light. All things being considered, I think I see a Pelican M6 in my very near future! Anybody know who has the best price on an M6? Thanx again, Brightnorm!

PJD

StevieRay

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
PJD said:
! Anybody know who has the best price on an M6?
PJD

[/ QUOTE ]

Botach would be the least expensive, but don;t have a very good reputation. Try this

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stevie...I hope I don't get "Botached"...but I just couldn't resist that $24.95 price tag /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif...I'll keep ya posted as to how my Botach experience goes (...hope nobody gets the chance to say "I told ya so!"...this is my first time ordering from there!).

PJD

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently ordered several lights and "things" from Botach. I had perfectly satisfactory service. In fact, I now have several SL lights and batteries on order from them, and they have acknowledged the order. I bught some SL TTL lights, and the Botach prices are better than I could find anywhere else.

I know that their reputation is spotty, but my own limited experience is very good. Their prices are about the best on most of the items they have. I believe the PM6 is $24.95. I don't know where that is equalled.

I have a PM6 that I ordered from another dealer, at a higher price, and I am extremely well pleased with it. For the money and quality I think it is a "best buy", unless you need something smaller or for a special application that the PM6 is not designed for.

Jerry

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I DIDN'T get "Botached"! I received my PM6 a couple days ago...on the day promised, no less! I am impressed with the output of this light: very good beam quality for a non-SF, and BLAZINGLY bright. Also, the holster included with the light is of excellent quality. I'm quite pleased with this $24.95 (plus shipping) investment. It's not of SF quality and does seem to be a little "rough around the edges", but for the price tag I'm extremely pleased!

PJD