Huh?

nola000

Newly Enlightened
Just got my first real flashlight...ArmyTek Wizard Pro XM-L2...already confused with problems. :ironic:(china)

Manual states,"Initial Service, After placing the battery it is recommended to carry out the the procedure of choosing the battery type through the built-up headlamp menu. To access the menu hold the switch button...the headlamp will switch on, go through all the available modes then switch off again. After switching off, release the button quickly and click it rapidly again. The headlamp will enter the Menu and the LED will flash about 3 times a second. Now you can specify the battery type: 1 click for 1x18650Li Ion 2 clicks for 2xCR132A 3 clicks for 2xRCR123Li Ion After the choice is made the light will flash 1,2 or 3 times to show the battery type chosen."

Of course this doesnt happen. I do it just as it states and I dont get the confirmation clicks at the end. I even tried different timings between the clicks and still no response. Im not even sure if "...the LED will flash about 3 times a second." thing is correct. It looks more like a strobe to me. Here is a video of what Im talking about...

http://s302.photobucket.com/user/nola000/media/Linked to/DSCF7168_zpsmzbcpkyu.mp4.html?sort=3&o=0
[video]http://vid302.photobucket.com/albums/nn104/nola000/Linked%20to/DSCF7168_zpsmzbcpkyu.mp4[/video]

hazza

Newly Enlightened
I think this needs to be in the Headlamps topic, there are some very knowledgeable people and ArmyTek owners there.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't create such an obscure thread title just to get people to click on your post.
Very Annoying.

D6859

Enlightened
Is it a mistake in the user's manual because only the button seems to flash three times? I have Armytek Tiara A1 which has same kind of UI to acces menu. It seems you are doing the configuration like I do but instead of the light flashing after the presses only your button flashes.

I'm still waiting for my Wizard Pro to arrive, so I'm subscribing this thread to get the answer in advance.

kj2

Flashaholic
Have the Wizard Pro and followed the manual to select 18650. Worked with mine.
Edit: looked at the video. Seems to me you're doing it right.

soul347

Newly Enlightened
Waiting for my Wizard Pro in the mail. From what I understand, the default setting is for an 18650 battery, so if that is what you're already using, just don't play around with the settings. 18650 anyway would probably be the most preferred battery. What I do understand is sometimes the manual is outdated because they come it with newer Wizard Pro models, which is something I discovered when e-mailing them asking about something concerning the wizard. That is a serious hiccup by Armytek, but the reality nonetheless. If I were you, I'd e-mail them directly to see what they say. When mine arrives in the mail, I'll see if I get the same results

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I just stuck in the 18650, and it worked as the default.

I didn't need to do anything else.

I think the instructions are there if you were going to use something else.

nola000

Newly Enlightened
I just stuck in the 18650, and it worked as the default.

I didn't need to do anything else.

I think the instructions are there if you were going to use something else.

I am using something else. Im using Tenergy RCR123A 3.0V 750mAh LiFePO4.

The process says to set it up for use with RCRs press 3x. Im not saying the light doesnt work if you dont set it up for certain batteries, it does work, but I think the process is so the light knows what runtime configuration to use depending on battery type or something like that.

D6859

Enlightened
Indeed, the blinking of the button is a feature to locate the headlamp in the dark.

Offtopic, but kj2 do you know if anyobe has done a review on the 2014 model of the headlamp? Have you? All I could find was the long-term test of a prototype.

kj2

Flashaholic
Indeed, the blinking of the button is a feature to locate the headlamp in the dark.

Offtopic, but kj2 do you know if anyobe has done a review on the 2014 model of the headlamp? Have you? All I could find was the long-term test of a prototype.

I haven't, and don't know a review on this headlamp. Although ArmyTek is well known on CPF, there aren't that many reviews on their lights.

nola000

Newly Enlightened
I haven't, and don't know a review on this headlamp. Although ArmyTek is well known on CPF, there aren't that many reviews on their lights.

Yea. Too bad too, I did all my anal OCD research before I bought mine and ArmyTek has some of the best flashlights around and their headlamps are the best of all the headlamps currently being manufactured. I love mine so far.

D6859

Enlightened

Don't you think think this is a little absurd? :duh2:

I would like to know the real lumen values of the light. A Finnish company (Valostore) is selling the older version of the headlamp and they've measured only around 700 lm on turbo (instead of 1010 lm) and around 400 lm (instead of 550 lm).

This is going offtopic so I wonder if I should open a new thread for this or post into some of the existing.

D6859

Enlightened
The best place to find an answer to questions regarding the Wizard head lamp is in the CPF Marketplace Place Forum/Manufacturer's Corner/Armytek/Wizard.
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?288932-Armytek-wizard

Armytek does a good job of monitoring their Wizard thread and helping solve user problems.

Thank you, RAM2! If the lumen values or anything else start to bother me, I'll register to marketplace too and post into that thread.

Oh no! Noticed that Wizard Pro v2 is around the corner. Do I have to order the newer version of the headlamp even before I've received the v1.5? :eek: Also Tiara is getting an update...

Latest posts