Cheap LED for kids balance bikes? 23mm and a 12.8mm handlebar

zimm

Newly Enlightened
My kids have balance bikes and love to ride around the house. They want headlights but the handlebars are really slim. One is 23mm and other is 1/2" or 12.8mm. Any recommendations for a small, cheap, and not too bright LED light for their bikes? I was thinking about those cheap flashlight mounts and a pair of AA powered LED's, but you guys know the market better than I. Ideally a AA powered light with a built in strap for tightening around the bar would be perfect.

BrianMc

Enlightened
Method 1: I wonder if you have short velcro straps? Wrap the bar where you will wrap the velcro with a strip of inner tube. Wrap a strap around to hold a second velcro strap at right angles to wrap around the flashlight. This makes a figure eight arrangement with the top and bottom loops at right angles.

Method 2: A large O ring: looped over the front of the flashlight, under the bars and stretched and slipped over the back end of the flashlight works, though the flashlight may tip.

bardenc17

Newly Enlightened
I got this for my son's bike.
He loves it. Calls them his "police lights."
I like them too. Really easy to install on just about any size bar you can imagine. Rechargeable with included USB plug. Reasonably bright and visible to others.
There's also a newer version, the 3.0, by the same name.