Where can I get LED lights like these for going over my bathroom mirror?

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know where I can buy LED lights like these? I want it to be white light, not the inefficient orange light that comes out of these regular bulbs pictures. Also, they would have to be a lower light output, if it put out the equivalent lumens of a normal 60 watt bulb x 4, that would be too much light for my bathroom. So does anyone have any recommendations?

Yamabushi

Enlightened
Those look like G25 bulbs. Philips markets 9W LED G25s that are equivalent to 40W incandescent. You should be able to find them in any hardware store, e.g., Home Depot.

Newly Enlightened
Those look like G25 bulbs. Philips markets 9W LED G25s that are equivalent to 40W incandescent. You should be able to find them in any hardware store, e.g., Home Depot.

Do they make 6 or 7 watt LEDs equivalent to 30W incandescent?

Yamabushi

Enlightened
Do they make 6 or 7 watt LEDs equivalent to 30W incandescent?
I don't know if you'll find an equivalent to 30W. The incandescents were 25W and 40W so the LEDs mimic those increments. Philips used to have an equivalent to 25W incandescent but I think it's discontinued. I think GE has 4.5W LED that's equivalent to 25W incandescent. Just Google "LED G25" and you should find several brands.

Newly Enlightened
I don't know if you'll find an equivalent to 30W. The incandescents were 25W and 40W so the LEDs mimic those increments. Philips used to have an equivalent to 25W incandescent but I think it's discontinued. I think GE has 4.5W LED that's equivalent to 25W incandescent. Just Google "LED G25" and you should find several brands.

Oh, Ok, thanks, is there a place where I can buy them online? The only thing they had at Home Depot were the soft white LED bulbs instead of the Daylight versions.

Newly Enlightened
Where do you live? Our local utility has some nice rebates going on, I bought 25 Philips "60W" LEDs for $1.97 each at Home Depot.

I live in Lake Orion MI. That sounds like a really good deal, I haven't seen anything like that

Newly Enlightened
I just bought the WalMart bulbs that I linked to, installed them, and found out that they are non dimmable. Does anyone know of any similar options (daylight, 40w equivalent) that are dimmable?

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you go to Costco check out the 40W globe LED FEIT bulbs. They look exactly like your picture. On the package they say 2700K, but they are much cooler in tint. My wife hated them calling the to industrial looking. I liked them but would definitely say they are closer to 4000K. Worth a try for the subsidized sale price of $10 for 3.

I've actually ended up installing dimmers in all my bathrooms for the even brighter 60W equiv bulbs I settled on (which are the 60W FEIT 2700K regular size bulbs - they are much closer to the incandescent look and my wife is very happy with them). Still $10 for a 2-pack. I ended up replacing every incandescent bulb in my house with these and we've been happy with the look. I bought a few extra 3-packs to have spares in case they suddenly disappear so I don't have to go on another search for bulbs.

Anders Hoveland

Enlightened
Using LED bulbs in this type of situation has pros and cons.

These round globe bulbs are considered specialty bulbs and the normal incandescent version uses a filament designed for longer life. This also means lower color temperature and very orangish light. A bathroom mirror is typically not where you want dull orangish light.

There are halogen options. Remember, lower wattage incandescent bulbs typically still have a slightly lower color temperature than higher wattage bulbs. And it is still considered a specialty bulb, and the filament in the inside halogen capsule will likely be rated "double life". So even though it may be "halogen", the color temperature will only be about the same as a regular 100W incandescent light bulb.
You may also be able to find halogen globe bulbs with neodymium glass, while these may be expensive, it would allow you to get good quality light close to 3000K.
Another problem with halogen bulbs, which I have noticed, is they tend to burn out faster when the filament is angled horizontally, which is the case over a bathroom mirror (filaments for halogen bulbs are designed to operate at a higher temperature, the filament gets very soft at this high temperature and can easily start bending under its own weight, until it eventually snaps).

The problem with LED bulbs is that, even when there is a frosted plastic diffusor globe, the light still tends to be rather directional. Over a bathroom mirror this can lead to glare, unless the LED is the lowest wattage possible. Also these LED bulbs do not have the best CRI, and skin tones can look a little greyish yellow. Some people describe this by saying their skin color looks "sickly and dead". Probably not a good thing for mirror lighting.

Another option, you could use a combination of different types of bulbs over your mirror. If you do not mind the color tint of light from each bulb being slightly different, the combined light from the different bulbs might give you better color rendering, if that matters.