Flashlight story time. 2015 edition. All story's welcome!

H.J.M.

Newly Enlightened
I was visiting a friend of mine, who is a maitenance guy for a dive motel last night. (Very cheap) he

got a room there to party for New Years.

While there I started to show him the newest arrivals: olight s15 baton, Preon P1 Ti, thrunite V4 Ti,

Fenix HL50.

One of the other guys there asks me about the warranty on the olight... I say it's 5 years I think.

But when I pulled out other lights for comparison, he asked me for a pamphlet and business card.

Confused for a second, I paused, then it became clear: he thinks I'm selling flashlights... Lmfo..lol..

i wish I was a flashlight salesman, it never crossed my mind... also, it was an odd place and time to be

selling flashlights(11pm on New Years) .. I would wonder about the guy with the bag of lights at the

shady motel, late at night on New Years eve.

:crackup:

(All shady motels should be used in flashlight jokes)

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
Re: New Years flashlight story time. 2015 edition.

Spread the word ;) Everyone needs a good light.

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was visiting a friend of mine who is a maitenance guy for a dive motel last night. (Very cheap)

While there I started to show him the newest arrivals: olight s15 baton, Preon Ti, thrunite V4 Ti.

One of the other guys there asks me about the warranty on the olight... I say it's 5 years I think.

But when I pulled out other lights for comparison, he asked me for a pamphlet and business card.

Confused for a second, I paused, then it became clear: he thinks I'm selling flashlights... Lmfo..lol..

i wish I was a flashlight salesman, it ever crossed my mind... also, it was an odd place and time to be

selling flashlights... I would wonder about the guy with the bag of lights at the shady motel...

:crackup:

:crackup:indeed! Great story!

Spread the word ;) Everyone needs a good light.

Yes, sir! +1 :thumbsup:

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast

Haha, nice story! Thanks for sharing. :)

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was visiting a friend of mine who is a maitenance guy for a dive motel last night. (Very cheap)

While there I started to show him the newest arrivals:...

Confused for a second, I paused, then it became clear: he thinks I'm selling flashlights... Lmfo..lol.....

A few members of a radio hobby club to which I belong have had "business" cards printed with their name, address, phone number, and hobby interests. I thought that was a cool idea. The cards come in handy when trying to interest "outsiders" in the hobby.

ChibiM

Enlightened

haha... something that is normal for us.. might be unusual for others ;)

walking with a flashlight in your living room at night might seem pretty normal for most of us.. but.........
some people here think its not a strange thing to have a light lit in your jeans pocket accidentally... but......
some CPFers think its a pretty normal thing to have a few different flashlight diffusers on your bedside table... but...

H.J.M.

Newly Enlightened

It was New Year's Eve, in a very cheap motel, and I had 6 lights and lamps in a bag. I didn't think anything wrong with it until now...

Lmfo
im glad you guys enjoyed it. I have business cards, I am a handyman. But I don't sell flashlights, yet.

Cheers.

H-Man

Enlightened

I'm thinking about it since at this point it is only a matter of time until I have a photographer ask me for something like a flashlight sporting a duodecad of high CRI emitters for a portable sun.

Stream

Enlightened

Well come on then, let's hear some more stories :popcorn:

H.J.M.

Newly Enlightened

Well come on then, let's hear some more stories :popcorn:

ok then: "my first flashlight sale"

flashaholic in me said that I must own titanium atom by 4/7s. I posted in marketplace . Some time passes, maybe two weeks.. And then the CPF 15th anniversary editions were released. .. And the Canadian dollar takes a nose DiVE boo..

Well, impatiently I went to obtain a stainless atom ($25CAD), just to see what it is like. I can not operate it with one hand. I tried. Other than that, nothing is wrong for me. But it was enough to want to return it. I decided to return it, and repackaged it best I could in with original packaging.
I stopped at my neighbours for a smoke before I left. (Has no kids, can smoke inside) he seen the packaging, so I showed it to him. He buys it... And then tries to give his fenix e05 2013 to his girlfriend.
I know she is the one who gave it to him... And I quote her: "What? You're trying to give me the light I bought you!" And then "THE LOOK" .... I felt crosshairs and and tensions rise...

well this is when I nearly cracked up laughing and left abruptly.... I do not know what happened next, but my neighbour did save me a trip to the store.

hehe.

HJM

Last edited:

Stream

Enlightened

Haha, awesome story! I take it you've had flashlight related interactions with your neighbors before given that they know about brands like Fenix. Or did they pick up on that themselves?

Last edited:

H.J.M.

Newly Enlightened

Haha, awesome story! I take it you've had flashlight related interactions with your neighbours before given that they know about brands like Fenix. Or did they pick up on that themselves?

i am glad you likes the stories. I don't get out much (stay home Dad, work very part time) &

yes. I share flashlight facts with anyone who listens. ..

I am known to some as "the flashlight guy". Lol . So he ended up giving the 4/7s atom to his girlfriend whom bought him the e05. Guys know how to save them selves. " I'm bought it for you dear." Lmfo. A well, she likes it..

I like light irony. ..

HJM.

Stream

Enlightened

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast

I sold all my lights and bought an HDS 325 Executive Cerakote Green directly from the man himself.

I am happy.

The End.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thats been my plan too here lately!

Good plan, then you can tell your friends you are EMP proof..... or at least your light is.

Worth every dang penny this little green sucker. Hence my sig.