Help finding true UV led strips

foogoo

Newly Enlightened
FRITZHD brought the Supernight to my attention but I can't seem to find them anywhere. I'm wary of a lot of the other ones out there since most of them come from China and many of their reviews say they're just purple leds. Does anyone have a suggestion for a true 5050 UV strip? Looking for around 400nm, +/- 10nm or so.

Or if anyone else has a suggestion on how to simulate a long UV tube using LEDs that can be portable and powered by battery, let's hear it!

tinkerhell

Newly Enlightened
You sure you want 400nm?
I'm very interested in lights and strips & fixtures (heck even little throwies) for Halloween uses.
Everything I've studied on this suggests that 365-368 nm is the optimal length.

billw

Enlightened
400nm *is* "purple", pretty much. The problem is finding LEDs with a shorter wavelength, adequate output power, and non-jaw-dropping price. :-(
(For example, the "BLB" class fluorescent UV "Black Lights" have emission peaks around 350-360 nm)

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking for around 400nm, +/- 10nm or so.

400~410 nm is just violet. UVA is 315 to 400 nm. Don't know if true UV 5050 strips exist. Never seen 'em myself. The ones sold as "UV" are just purple. If you can't find 5050's there are fluorescent tubes readily available in that range.

Last edited: