What is a good case for an iphone 5S?

d13avo

Enlightened
I use a Otterbox Armor which is dustproof and waterproof. Protects the phone well.

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a Otterbox Armor which is dustproof and waterproof. Protects the phone well.
Thanks. I've seen the Otterbox brand when I did a few searches before I was overwhelmed. What does it mean when it says it covers the fingerprint sensor of the 5S? Is that the bottom center front menu button?

nbp

Flashaholic
Thanks. I've seen the Otterbox brand when I did a few searches before I was overwhelmed. What does it mean when it says it covers the fingerprint sensor of the 5S? Is that the bottom center front menu button?

Yes.

I had good success with Lifeproof.

d13avo

Enlightened

Yes. You are not able to operate the fingerprint function which didn't bother me but I think like someone else has mentioned the Lifeproof case still enables the fingerprint function.

I think Otterbox replaced the Armor case with the Preserver which might enable the fingerprint function.

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

Last edited:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
One advantage of using Otter especially with the screen fronts is they still work,I bought a cheaper version for my ipad but it would not work with the screen front on,now have an Otter and all is well.

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the input everyone. I got the Lifeproof Nuud, which is waterproof with no screen cover, and if dropped it offers good protection to the phone and screen, unless it lands at an angle and the screen hits the curb or whathaveyou.

drop test video

_