Light with most modes ?

Mr. Nobody

Enlightened
Is there a led light out there that has many modes ? Like for example the HDS flashlight titled: EDC Executive even has "Candle mode" which is pretty sick! The light just flickers like a candle does. I think that is neat. EagleTac has 5 doffernt flash modes. I'm sure there is a light out there with a crazy UI of choices...?

ven

Flashaholic
I think the armytek and zebralight must be up there with their customisable UI for various brightness and levels...........

Is infinite control rings cheating...........like the v11r for one example:)

As for candle mode,i just thought it was a low low mode,sub lumen. However many *****fire lights have the candle mode flicker,so realistic it actually goes out for good after flickering for a while:whistle:

:laughing:

Charles L.

Enlightened
Well, there are lights with infinitely-variable output plus a variety of SOS/strobe/beacon modes, like the Nitecore SRT series. Zebralight and Armytek also make lights with many modes. Petzl Tikka headlamps have at least 7 modes IIRC. I'm sure there are several others.

I take it you don't believe in the KISS acronym? ;)

Ven, you beat me to the post :)

Norm

Retired Administrator
I don't think there's any infinitely variable flashlights :poke:

Norm

A.marquardt

Enlightened
I think the armytek and zebralight must be up there with their customisable UI for various brightness and levels...........

Is infinite control rings cheating...........like the v11r for one example:)

As for candle mode,i just thought it was a low low mode,sub lumen. However many *****fire lights have the candle mode flicker,so realistic it actually goes out for good after flickering for a while:whistle:

+1 for Zebralight

Mr. Nobody

Enlightened

LOL!!!
That is funny and a true story !
I have left some ultrafires on just to watch it flicker, one never came back to life lol

mbw_151

Enlightened
I don't know if you can count variable output as "modes", but if you do, the Surefire Saint headlamps and the T1a and origional Ti Titan have a large number of "modes". if you are looking for strobe/SOS/flasher modes, Quarks have a decent selection.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The old Liteflux lf2xt is hard to beat. You can program a lot of stuff on this little gem. Even the frequency of the strobe, but it's extremely complicated if you loose the instruction manual:)