Miboxer        
Page 1 of 41 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Zebralight Thread .

Default The Official Zebralight Thread .

With all the zebralight flashlight threads new and old floating around I thought I would make a "Official" thread about these mighty fine lights with all your questions and comments HERE

Ill start with my fairly newly purchased SC600 II L2 : two words, LOVE IT !
    Zebralight SC600 mkII L2 , Streamlight ProTac HL , ET D25AAA Nichia.

Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

I'll bite. I've owned every Zebralight made in most of their variations in the last 5 years except the s6330.

What's still with me? My SC62w rides with me in my pocket at all times, my H600w is my go to headlamp for most things except shorter night runs as my H52w and H32w have that covered. I also have older h5xw variants stashed in most places I may find useful... truck, night stand, tool box etc.

Love my Zebras.

Flashaholic

I have so many flashlights… and all I really need is an SC62 and H600F.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoBruin View Post
    I'll bite. I've owned every Zebralight made in most of their variations in the last 5 years except the s6330.

What's still with me? My SC62w rides with me in my pocket at all times, my H600w is my go to headlamp for most things except shorter night runs as my H52w and H32w have that covered. I also have older h5xw variants stashed in most places I may find useful... truck, night stand, tool box etc.

Love my Zebras.
    now I just need to figure out which Zebra I want next .

Enlightened

I just got a H52w. LOVE IT! (Present from the gf makes it extra special, and the light rocks, but you know that.)
    Also have an H51w, SC52, and H600w.

I love my zebras.

From the moment I first got my hands on my SC52D (daylight,) SC600W (warm,) and H502R (red floody headlamp,) I realized that I basically obsoleted most of my EDC options in one whack. There's about 30-40 lights in a junk box now because of one purchase order.

Love these things. I like how I can hide turbo mode. I love how the low modes go so low you start thinking "whoa, better turn that back up so I can see." Programming, slick build quality, great finish, I could go on but I know for certain I preach to the choir.

Last power outage, it was these three lights. Oh I had MORE lights, they just didn't get used.

I love Zebras. I've got two on me right now.
    Last edited by more_vampires; 01-07-2015 at 09:49 AM. Reason: typo in model number

Flashaholic

I just wonder, if there somebody who has only zebralights?

Quote Originally Posted by Romanko View Post
    I just wonder, if there somebody who has only zebralights?
    I'm getting there! At the max I had about 20 nice lights. Now I have 6 Zebralights and 6 others worth mentioning (2xL10, 2xPD32UE, EA4w and S200C2); sold everything else.

Like I've said before, I always thought Zebralights were ugly, but I just couldn't get past the perfect UI (at least for me), wide range of output, size, and efficiency. They're really all I need, but I'm keeping my other lights for specific uses. But if ZL ever makes a thrower...things will get interesting!
    GOOD TINT!

+1 on them coming out with a Thrower ..

I mostly have modded throwers and a few modded EDC's!!

I do have One [1] Zebralight.the SC62d. It is my favorite EDC!
    Solitude breeds contemplation which creates clarity. Capolini-11.27.2017
    Physical beauty temporarily satisfies the eye. Inner beauty is eternal and nurtures the soul. Capolini-7.23.2017

I have an SC52 in my pocket every moment of every day since they arrived on the market.

If its not Broken don't Fix it!

And how can a thread be "official" without Pics?!?!
    Last edited by AVService; 01-07-2015 at 06:55 PM.

Banging my head right now trying to decide which Zebra I'm getting next , I'm thinking headlamp , but there's the H600w , H602w and the H600Fw , decisions decisions decisions . Oh then there's the SC62w I want ..

Flashaholic*

How about a little SC62 vs SC600 argument? I'm still torn

Quote Originally Posted by BeastFlashlight View Post
    Some say that the SC600's head is a bit bulky for EDC , SC62 has the smaller head for better EDC some say , I carry the SC600 and think it's just fine for EDC use . That's the only comparison I've read about . Other than maybe the SC62 gets hotter in high than the larger head SC600 . ??

Its a win win with either one in my opinion .

Flashaholic*

I actually JUST read a post that explained it perfectly;

"For me:

SC52w = when I want the smallest light to save space/weight, and option to use AA battery
    SC62w = when I want a ton more light and runtime with slightly larger body
    SC600w = when I want just as much light as the SC62, but able to run it for extended periods of time on high settings since it doesn't get so hot. And also a tighter hotspot for a little more throw (at least perceived).

Only want ONE? I'd go with the SC62. Not much bigger than 52 but way more output and runtime. (H1 on the 52 doesn't count IMO, kills the battery way too fast)"

I know what u mean C.M.S. I think I have a better pocket tolerance for a little extra bulk like you, and some need it absolutely tiny

Theres no debate and only one answer, get both. Seriously both great lights, I own both. If I know I'll be using high mode for extended periods I go for the 600. For a more comfortable edc the 62.

Flashaholic*

SC52w = when I want the smallest light to save space/weight, and option to use AA battery
    For me, I'd phrase that differently:

"SC52w = when I want the smallest light to save space/weight, use AA battery, and option to use 14500 battery"

I'm not really interested in using lithium-ion cells. I'd much rather use Eneloops. Safer, more reliable, and can use an alkaline if I absolutely have to. But it's nice to have the option of a 14500 if I want more output for a brief period.

Flashaholic

Another option is to get an SC600 and an SC62d. The Luxeon emitter in the 62d peaks at *only* 320 lumens, but never gets too hot and has a great tint. Easily my favorite EDC -- SC600's spend more time on the shelf these days.

The 320lumens provided by the Luxeon are the brightest 320 lumens I've ever seen. Easily enough to do whatever you want except throw light at the farthest distances. Seems like higher CRI and pure white make objects better defined when lit, so it almost looks brighter than other lights at around the same amount of lumens. The 62D does get hot fast, but it doesn't seem to step down, which is really good. I wouldn't want 920 lumens if I can only use it for 5 mins.

I've never seen the SC62d get hot, at least within 5 minutes. But I sold mine so I can't confirm.

Speaking of heat, I don't see it as a drawback on the SC62(w) either. I mean, just use it at the 326 lm mode (3.9 hrs) and reserve the 930lm for situations when you really need it. Ot 577lm mode. Lots of nice options!

I would rather have and not use than settle for maxing it out and still want more, and not have it in one small package. Both great lights though.
    GOOD TINT!

In a reasonably warm environment, on a headstrap, with a fresh battery, on full high with the SC62d, it can get hot but I do not know how hot because I have not let it do that for long. I am guessing it will taper off before significant damage is done and of course not be as hot as the XML2 versions. The second highest high will suffice for most needs and seems to be able to be used for extended time periods.

Edit: I remember now that I did run full-on for sustained periods indoors. The light got hot but not too hot to hold onto. (I was hoping to eliminate low level flickering when left on in highest high)
    Last edited by KITROBASKIN; 01-08-2015 at 11:43 AM.

How do y'all like the neutral tint emmiters ? I've read it's a tint lottery .

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by C.M.S View Post
    I had good luck on the SC52w-L2, but I read lots of complaints about the tint of the original version (SC52w).

XM-L2's don't have the perfectly consistent tint of a Nichia 219 across the whole beam, but if you don't expect perfection, the extra brightness and efficiency makes sense on the Zebralights.

Yes, a lotto that would rival winning a $500 million Powerball! OK, not that bad. But I've had everything from greenish, yellow...as in YELLOW like an actual yellow bug bulb, one near a Nicha 219B and another almost cool white like 5000K.

My SC62w is good, but not great (a bit too yellow). My SC600w is pretty amazing and almost cool. Even though I hate cool whites, this one is great. Right around 5000K without the bluish tint so you get the best of both worlds. My SC52w is close to a Nichia 219B which is perfect.
    GOOD TINT!

Flashaholic

Yes, I lost that lottery with my SC600. Won with an Armytek, lost with a Zebralight. Oh well, my eyes prefer the tint from a Nichia 219 or Luxeon anyway.

My SC600 L2 is the cool white version and I like it , wanted to try a "W" for my next but I hate yellow tint . But then again the H600 is on my to get list for outdoors and I'm thinking a neutral tint will be more pleasing ..

Quote Originally Posted by Charles L. View Post
    Yes, I lost that lottery with my SC600. Won with an Armytek, lost with a Zebralight. Oh well, my eyes prefer the tint from a Nichia 219 or Luxeon anyway.
    Anything IS possible, but the only way my SC62d's would not be my most used lights is if ZL sold us an SC62n, with a Nichia 219b 5000K...

I have a sc52 and sc600II and then I got a sc62. I sold the sc52 I think my sc600 II will never be used again. The sc62 is like the other two rolled into one.

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    But if ZL ever makes a thrower...things will get interesting!
    me too, everybody needs a thrower and zl needs to get with the program

same output, 62 is half the weight and smaller......much better for the pocket.......the sc62 may be the smallest 18650 battery light out there now

Page 1 of 41 1234567811 ... LastLast