Gearbest        
Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2932333435363738394041 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1217

Thread: The Official Zebralight Thread .

Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

I lowered it 5 degrees and to be honest I can't tell any difference (shrugs). H1 still feels like I'm holding an actual flaming TORCH by the wrong end!

It could be this just aint for me. Maybe I'm just a tactical butt switch guy. It's a very interesting UI though and the beam IS beautiful.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by WebHobbit View Post
    I lowered it 5 degrees and to be honest I can't tell any difference (shrugs). H1 still feels like I'm holding an actual flaming TORCH by the wrong end!

It could be this just aint for me. Maybe I'm just a tactical butt switch guy. It's a very interesting UI though and the beam IS beautiful.
    You have pretty sensitive hands for a tactical guy there Webhobbit.

The light should only get to about 40-50C at most with the PID lowered. That is a hot summer day in some places. You should try the Emisar D4 if you want to see hot lol. I believe it can hit 70C with the thermal regulation turned up. Now that's hot.

Remember, you don't have to use the high modes but, they are there if you need them and they are perfectly safe even if you do find them a bit warm. At levels similar to a MD2 M61N the light should only get a bit hotter due to the ZL's much smaller size. The bonus is the ZL will get 2-3 times the regulated runtime compared to the M61N due to its far more advanced driver. Heat is always the tradeoff for output, even your MD2 would get quite hot eventually if it were putting out 1400 lumens(remember that is twice the output of the Hound Dog 18650). It is just the nature of the beast and small lights get hot faster.

Flashaholic*

Oh, just to confirm, did you do the whole process 5 full times? It only goes up or down one degree at a time so you have to do it 5 full times. You can check if it worked with a infrared temp gun.

Yep did it 5 times...unfortunately I don't have access to a temp gun.

I haven't given up yet guys. H2 doesn't seem to become a Hot Spire of Hell. So that's encouraging.

I'm gonna carry it to work today and see how it does.

A ZL with PID cranked all the way down has a temp cap of 48C with +-0.1C accuracy.

I'm wondering, if SC600Fd IV can last longer without stepping down than III version when using outputting the same lumens? Also interested to see, if VTC6 battery lasts longer than Sanyo GA when using mostly H1 mode with its step downs. Personally, I find these flashlights too compact which harms cooling and high modes are then less useful. The body could be longer at least to protect the battery from heat because the body is rated for 85C and fall/winter outdoor temps could then pretty much maintain H1 at max or close until the battery runs out.

Maybe Zebralight one day produce bigger and more powerful version of SC600Fd which is similar to Astrolux MF01.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Auringonvalo View Post
    I'm wondering, if SC600Fd IV can last longer without stepping down than III version when using outputting the same lumens? Also interested to see, if VTC6 battery lasts longer than Sanyo GA when using mostly H1 mode with its step downs. Personally, I find these flashlights too compact which harms cooling and high modes are then less useful. The body could be longer at least to protect the battery from heat because the body is rated for 85C and fall/winter outdoor temps could then pretty much maintain H1 at max or close until the battery runs out.

Maybe Zebralight one day produce bigger and more powerful version of SC600Fd which is similar to Astrolux MF01.
    I think you are missing the whole point of Zebralight's design. They are designed to be as small as possible and use the most advanced thermal regulation in the industry to still allow use of extremely high outputs. Yes, in average conditions they will only hold that output for a while(long enough to put your dog out or do other daily tasks)but, their thermal regulation is designed to step down in such small increments that it is hardly noticed. If you want extremely high sustained outputs you need to go with a much larger multi cell light. And, there are plenty of light companies making large lights already. ZL's niche is extremely small easy to carry EDC lights. Also, keep in mind a single cell light running outputs like on some of the new models would kill a VTC6 in only minutes which isn't very practical or useful even if it could do it anyway imo. A single 18650 only has so much capacity and you need 3 - 4 of them for a descent runtime at sustained high outputs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tachead View Post
    I think you are missing the whole point of Zebralight's design. They are designed to be as small as possible and use the most advanced thermal regulation in the industry to still allow use of extremely high outputs. Yes, in average conditions they will only hold that output for a while(long enough to put your dog out or do other daily tasks)but, their thermal regulation is designed to step down in such small increments that it is hardly noticed. If you want extremely high sustained outputs you need to go with a much larger multi cell light. And, there are plenty of light companies making large lights already. ZL's niche is extremely small easy to carry EDC lights. Also, keep in mind a single cell light running outputs like on some of the new models would kill a VTC6 in only minutes which isn't very practical or useful even if it could do it anyway imo. A single 18650 only has so much capacity and you need 3 - 4 of them for a descent runtime at sustained high outputs.
    This makes me wonder what has happened to their C3 light? I'm quite intrigued by the limited specs posted on their website.

Has anyone found a way to actually speak with someone at Zebralight? I'm finding the communication via their website messaging a little rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Dean View Post
    This makes me wonder what has happened to their C3 light? I'm quite intrigued by the limited specs posted on their website.
    Just hoping it isn't another Q50! I figured they were just busy getting all the new 64/600 lights finalized, so the C3 had to wait a little longer.
    GOOD TINT!

Flashaholic*

I can't be sure but, I am guessing they cancelled that and just haven't removed it from the spec sheet yet. Either that or put it way on the back burner. It has been on the spec sheet for a very long time.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by gurdygurds View Post
    Has anyone found a way to actually speak with someone at Zebralight? I'm finding the communication via their website messaging a little rough.
    Are you using the "add request" function in your account? They always answer me promptly(usually the same day or next day at the latest).

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    Just hoping it isn't another Q50! I figured they were just busy getting all the new 64/600 lights finalized, so the C3 had to wait a little longer.
    They announced the C3 way before the 64 and MKIV series was announced though. In fact, I think they announced the C4 quite a bit before the SC53, SC5 MKII, and H53 series as well. My guess it is cancelled or just not very important to them. I guess an email would answer our question though.

They plan to get the C3 manufactured in their new shiny Texas factory so it's a milestone "Made in USA" ZL.. but I guess the factory is having some hiccups. ZL told me the R&D of C3 has been completed months ago.

Enlightened

. Perfectly stated by ďTacheadĒ...the smallest and brightest has always been Z.Lís mission for sure. But thatís what makes them so darn versatile over most of the competition. Look at the SC600, what if they stopped at the original design and hadnít continued evolving? Other flashlight companies have fallen by the wayside, while Zebralightís popularity continues to grow for this very reason.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    Man, Zebralight really missed the boat by not coming out with the Q50 (for newer members of the herd -this was a 4AA soda can light prototype that never actually came to fruition). They would have sold 1000ís of these things! Too late now...we have the TN4A (awesome light for money) among others...

Well guys I am now a believer! Carried my new SC64w today at work. Carried just fine. The new stiff black clip works well and seem to ease up a little on the tightness after taking it on and off the pocket lip a few times but it's still very strong. My earlier concerns with the heat is no longer an issue. I just have it start in H2 (875) and if I "need" more I can simply double click. I am finding the default setup otherwise just perfect for me. I use the medium and H2 more than anything. I LOVE the UI!!!!!!!!!!!!! I find the "hold and ramp through modes" very natural and FUN to use. I am a convert and now I think I'm gonna order it's big brother the new SC600 plus!
    Last edited by WebHobbit; 12-07-2017 at 07:48 PM.

You will love the SC600w lV Plus! It will really make a believer out of you. The 64 is a great carry light but the Plus is a whole wall of light!

Slightly off topic but this is the first time I've messed with unprotected 18650s...the red cells from ZL -on my Xtar VP1 -they get a little warmer than my protected cells do around the middle of the charging cycle...not hot but a little warm. This is normal -yes?
    Last edited by WebHobbit; 12-07-2017 at 08:24 PM.

Flashaholic*

Just got shipping notification for SC64c (China to Norway).

Well guys I am now a believer! Carried my new SC64w today at work. Carried just fine. The new stiff black clip works well and seem to ease up a little on the tightness after taking it on and off the pocket lip a few times but it's still very strong. My earlier concerns with the heat is no longer an issue. I just have it start in H2 (875) and if I "need" more I can simply double click. I am finding the default setup otherwise just perfect for me. I use the medium and H2 more than anything. I LOVE the UI!!!!!!!!!!!!! I find the "hold and ramp through modes" very natural and FUN to use. I am a convert and now I think I'm gonna order it's big brother the new SC600 plus!
    Yep, the ZL UI is quite amazing in it's well thought out versatility, and the form factor of the SC64w is just perfect for an EDC work light.

I go back and forth between my SC62w and my SC600 series lights all the time. Of course the SC6x series is thinner, and practically disappears in the pocket, but the SC600 series light's extra mass let's me run at a higher level without getting hot as quickly as the smaller SC6x series, so as usual, it's a trade-off as to which one I decide to carry. Usually, I'll carry the SC62w if I have a day job that might go into the evening, and I'll carry the SC600 if I have a night job where I know I'll need the extra output.

I'll be interested to hear if, like many ZL users, you find the extreme LOW level outputs to be just as useful as the higher outputs. The ability to quickly and easily match the light level to whatever task is at hand is one of ZL's great strengths.

In any case, enjoy your new light.

Yes cells can get a little warm(sometimes quite warm with a higher charge rate ).

Slightly off topic but this is the first time I've messed with unprotected 18650s...the red cells from ZL -on my Xtar VP1 -they get a little warmer than my protected cells do around the middle of the charging cycle...not hot but a little warm. This is normal -yes?
    That's a good question. This is also my first time using those red unprotected highdrain cells supplied by ZL. I imagine warm is ok, but you might get a quicker answer over on the "Flashlight Electronics-Batteries Included" forum.

Edit: Oh, I see ven answered our question. Thanks mate : )
    Last edited by Derek Dean; 12-08-2017 at 01:24 AM.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by terjee View Post
    Just got shipping notification for SC64c (China to Norway).
    Awesome, what was your order number if you don't mind me asking? Hopefully mine will ship soon too.

Flashaholic*

Awesome, what was your order number if you don't mind me asking? Hopefully mine will ship soon too.
    Ordernumber 10376002, ordered on 2017-10-31.

Got tracking number, but not appeared in trace yet. Chose postal, so itíll be a while before it gets here.

Order 10376146 Placed 11-3-17 64c & 604c Not Shipped yet.

G27

Order# 10376017, H600Fc MKIV, asked ZL 2 days ago and got told that my order will be shipped in about 3 weeks.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by terjee View Post
    Ordernumber 10376002, ordered on 2017-10-31.

Got tracking number, but not appeared in trace yet. Chose postal, so itíll be a while before it gets here.
    Thank you sir. I was about 15 orders before you so hopefully my shipping notice is coming soon as well. I paid for the fastest DHL shipping option. Did you just order the SC64c with this order? I have to say, I am not real happy about ZL shipping orders that were placed after mine first. Most companies ship in the order orders are received from my experience.
    Last edited by Tachead; 12-08-2017 at 02:48 PM.

Thank you sir. I was about 15 orders before you so hopefully my shipping notice is coming soon as well. I paid for the fastest DHL shipping option. Did you just order the SC64c with this order? I have to say, I am not real happy about ZL shipping orders that were placed after mine first. Most companies ship in the order orders are received from my experience.
    Most companies don't update their whole model lineup at the same time so it should be understandable that not every model is ready at the same time in quantities that will enable all orders to ship.

My guess is you either ordered more than one model and they don't have them all ready to ship or you ordered a model that (whilst you ordered before others) is not ready to ship, unlike the models requested by those who placed their order after yours. Hope that makes sense..

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Dio View Post
    Most companies don't update their whole model lineup at the same time so it should be understandable that not every model is ready at the same time in quantities that will enable all orders to ship.

My guess is you either ordered more than one model and they don't have them all ready to ship or you ordered a model that (whilst you ordered before others) is not ready to ship, unlike the models requested by those who placed their order after yours. Hope that makes sense..
    The models I ordered are both shipping and ready now. Hopefully I will get a shipping notice soon as I was one of the first to place a pre-order.
    Last edited by Tachead; 12-08-2017 at 03:18 PM.

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2932333435363738394041 LastLast