The Official Zebralight Thread .

C.M.S

Newly Enlightened
With all the zebralight flashlight threads new and old floating around I thought I would make a "Official" thread about these mighty fine lights with all your questions and comments HERE :thumbsup:

Ill start with my fairly newly purchased SC600 II L2 : two words, LOVE IT !

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll bite. I've owned every Zebralight made in most of their variations in the last 5 years except the s6330.

What's still with me? My SC62w rides with me in my pocket at all times, my H600w is my go to headlamp for most things except shorter night runs as my H52w and H32w have that covered. I also have older h5xw variants stashed in most places I may find useful... truck, night stand, tool box etc.

Love my Zebras.

C.M.S

Newly Enlightened
I'll bite. I've owned every Zebralight made in most of their variations in the last 5 years except the s6330.

What's still with me? My SC62w rides with me in my pocket at all times, my H600w is my go to headlamp for most things except shorter night runs as my H52w and H32w have that covered. I also have older h5xw variants stashed in most places I may find useful... truck, night stand, tool box etc.

Love my Zebras.

now I just need to figure out which Zebra I want next :shrug: .

CaptainPicard

Newly Enlightened
I just got a H52w. LOVE IT! (Present from the gf makes it extra special, and the light rocks, but you know that.)
Also have an H51w, SC52, and H600w.

I love my zebras.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
From the moment I first got my hands on my SC52D (daylight,) SC600W (warm,) and H502R (red floody headlamp,) I realized that I basically obsoleted most of my EDC options in one whack. There's about 30-40 lights in a junk box now because of one purchase order.

Love these things. I like how I can hide turbo mode. I love how the low modes go so low you start thinking "whoa, better turn that back up so I can see." Programming, slick build quality, great finish, I could go on but I know for certain I preach to the choir. :)

Last power outage, it was these three lights. Oh I had MORE lights, they just didn't get used. :)

I love Zebras. I've got two on me right now.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
I just wonder, if there somebody who has only zebralights?

I'm getting there! At the max I had about 20 nice lights. Now I have 6 Zebralights and 6 others worth mentioning (2xL10, 2xPD32UE, EA4w and S200C2); sold everything else.

Like I've said before, I always thought Zebralights were ugly, but I just couldn't get past the perfect UI (at least for me), wide range of output, size, and efficiency. They're really all I need, but I'm keeping my other lights for specific uses. But if ZL ever makes a thrower...things will get interesting!

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an SC52 in my pocket every moment of every day since they arrived on the market.

If its not Broken don't Fix it!
51d5a344ad42a478795098529e759b0e.jpg

And how can a thread be "official" without Pics?!?!

Last edited:

C.M.S

Newly Enlightened
Banging my head right now trying to decide which Zebra I'm getting next , I'm thinking headlamp , but there's the H600w , H602w and the H600Fw , decisions decisions decisions . Oh then there's the SC62w I want ..

C.M.S

Newly Enlightened
How about a little SC62 vs SC600 argument? I'm still torn

Some say that the SC600's head is a bit bulky for EDC , SC62 has the smaller head for better EDC some say , I carry the SC600 and think it's just fine for EDC use . That's the only comparison I've read about . Other than maybe the SC62 gets hotter in high than the larger head SC600 . ??

Its a win win with either one in my opinion . :thumbsup:

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually JUST read a post that explained it perfectly;

"For me:

SC52w = when I want the smallest light to save space/weight, and option to use AA battery
SC62w = when I want a ton more light and runtime with slightly larger body
SC600w = when I want just as much light as the SC62, but able to run it for extended periods of time on high settings since it doesn't get so hot. And also a tighter hotspot for a little more throw (at least perceived).

Only want ONE? I'd go with the SC62. Not much bigger than 52 but way more output and runtime. (H1 on the 52 doesn't count IMO, kills the battery way too fast)"

I know what u mean C.M.S. I think I have a better pocket tolerance for a little extra bulk like you, and some need it absolutely tiny

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a little SC62 vs SC600 argument? I'm still torn

Theres no debate and only one answer, get both. Seriously both great lights, I own both. If I know I'll be using high mode for extended periods I go for the 600. For a more comfortable edc the 62.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
SC52w = when I want the smallest light to save space/weight, and option to use AA battery

For me, I'd phrase that differently:

"SC52w = when I want the smallest light to save space/weight, use AA battery, and option to use 14500 battery"

I'm not really interested in using lithium-ion cells. I'd much rather use Eneloops. Safer, more reliable, and can use an alkaline if I absolutely have to. But it's nice to have the option of a 14500 if I want more output for a brief period.

Charles L.

Enlightened
Another option is to get an SC600 and an SC62d. The Luxeon emitter in the 62d peaks at *only* 320 lumens, but never gets too hot and has a great tint. Easily my favorite EDC -- SC600's spend more time on the shelf these days.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 320lumens provided by the Luxeon are the brightest 320 lumens I've ever seen. Easily enough to do whatever you want except throw light at the farthest distances. Seems like higher CRI and pure white make objects better defined when lit, so it almost looks brighter than other lights at around the same amount of lumens. The 62D does get hot fast, but it doesn't seem to step down, which is really good. I wouldn't want 920 lumens if I can only use it for 5 mins.

markr6

Flashaholic
I've never seen the SC62d get hot, at least within 5 minutes. But I sold mine so I can't confirm.

Speaking of heat, I don't see it as a drawback on the SC62(w) either. I mean, just use it at the 326 lm mode (3.9 hrs) and reserve the 930lm for situations when you really need it. Ot 577lm mode. Lots of nice options!

I would rather have and not use than settle for maxing it out and still want more, and not have it in one small package. Both great lights though.