RofisLight        
Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123456789101353 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Zebralight Thread .

Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

Quote Originally Posted by C.M.S View Post
    I'm sure this is already known by many , but 35mm print film canisters fit the SC600 II L2 perfect . Makes for a nice little lantern

Very timely, thank you thank you thank you. I was just wandering around the house looking for diffusers from other lights to see if any fit the SC600IIL2. Old translucent film cannisters I have a-plenty.

Zebralight SC600 mkII L2 , Streamlight ProTac HL , ET D25AAA Nichia.

Can the zebralight s6330 be found anywhere? Are they coming out with a new one?

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

Quote Originally Posted by oneinthaair View Post
    Can the zebralight s6330 be found anywhere? Are they coming out with a new one?

It's discontinued, but ZL told me in 2014 their were planning on a XM-L2 version.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedraven View Post
    Speaking of Nichias, how cool would it be to have a 3x Nichia Zebralight?
    Derek Dean has one! http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...=1#post4486341
    GOOD TINT!

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    Awesome! I've thought before that ZL would be well off offering a triple option. I'd buy it! Cool mod!

Bought myself a ZL SC62 for my birthday this month. It's my first and I LOVE IT!!! Now I want a SC600, just for the heck of it. Somebody stop me before I buy again! Must resist, must resist, must resist...

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Desdinova View Post
    Bought myself a ZL SC62 for my birthday this month. It's my first and I LOVE IT!!! Now I want a SC600, just for the heck of it. Somebody stop me before I buy again! Must resist, must resist, must resist...
    If you're going to buy ZL again I would advice getting the SC52w or any of the headlights instead. The difference between the SC600 and the SC62 is not large enough to warrant getting both. If you go with a headlight, take the Fw option, blissful beam....

Enlightened

I´m in love! The feel to have a Zebra in your hand is... Well, awesome! The quality; like the feel of the anodizing, the rubber button with that crisp click, the perfect anodized threads. I can go on... I only have one Zebra for the moment, but the family is increasing...

My SC52fw is great when i work around the house. The diffused beam is perfection. The tint is even better than my L10 Nichia 219b!!! That say's alot. It is more rosy/warm and very easy to my eyes and most of all totally even in colour from spill to hotspot! The size vs battery life is good, but sometimes I have the thoughts going to the SC600fw, but it´s only up to me to bring an extra 14500 and I am fine for several hours of beatiful light. I could´nt be happier with a head light. This will stay with me forever.

I had a SC52d, but sold it due to the cold spill tint. Hotspot had a nice neutral tint and was quite small/throwy which can be fine, but for EDC I like it a little bit floodier. The large spill size angel was great and convenient (not to detract). It was quite a good thrower in that small size with a 14500, but I had to let it go due to the cold blu-ish spill that coloured the hole output leaning towards cool tinted light. Not my cup of tea....

I hope my incoming SC52w and 62w are fine regarding the big tint issue that everybody talks about... I am a huge Zebralight fan already so I guess I will keep hunting for the good tinted lights and try to sell the others... The UI and size vs performance ratio is hard to beat! They will cover every need you´ll have from close up to medium range. My D40Avn (a pocketable thrower with a descent UI) covers my throwy needs . I have learned that all of my lights must be more or less pocketable otherwise they will turn into shelf queens... Zebralights are all more or less pocketable

Quote Originally Posted by Martin L View Post
    I have learned that all of my lights must be more or less pocketable otherwise they will turn into shelf queens... Zebralights are all more or less pocketable
    I know how you feel, I don't own near as many lights as most of you folks do but I find that my small LD09 gets 95% of my daily use. My TN12 sits in it's pouch on my EDC bag most of the time. I rarely use the thing.
    Can't wait till I get my sc52w!

Quote Originally Posted by Desdinova View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBelgian View Post
    If you're going to buy ZL again I would advice getting the SC52w or any of the headlights instead. The difference between the SC600 and the SC62 is not large enough to warrant getting both. If you go with a headlight, take the Fw option, blissful beam....
    I sort of agree. I have both just becasue I had the SC600w first. I may have purchased the 600 if it came second, but maybe not. They are very close, but if you need that high output for any length of time, say 5+ minutes at a time, the SC600 is a good buy. A decent amout of throw over the SC62 too. And yes, a headlamp is a MUST.
    GOOD TINT!

Thanks. Appreciate the advice. Now I want a SC52 so badly I can taste it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin L View Post
    My SC52fw is great when i work around the house. The diffused beam is perfection. The tint is even better than my L10 Nichia 219b!!! That say's alot. It is more rosy/warm and very easy to my eyes and most of all totally even in colour from spill to hotspot!
    :

Interesting that you say that. I have only one flashlight that has any kind of rosy tint to it and that is my H600Fw. It has my favorite tint of all my lights. I wonder if the flood lens has anything to do with the rosieness.

Good advice. Now I want a SC52 so badly I can taste it!

Sorry for the double post.

I'm sold on a SC52 for an EDC, but which one?! CW, W, D, et al? On sure I don't want the "floody" versions, but only owning a single ZL (SC62), and that only for a couple of weeks, I have no other ZL's for tint comparisons. I will say that so far, I'm happy with the tint of my 62 (CW I believe). Any thoughts?

With the way I feel about Zebralights, you're just going to have to start getting them. I have the "D," you see. I also have a "W."

...it's the addiction you see. (CW,W,D?)

Derek's triple sure is nice. I'm going to pretend I never saw it and go back to enjoying my SC600 Mk II L2.

Flashaholic*

What new flashlights can we expect to see from Zebralight in 2015?

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    I sort of agree. I have both just becasue I had the SC600w first. I may have purchased the 600 if it came second, but maybe not. They are very close, but if you need that high output for any length of time, say 5+ minutes at a time, the SC600 is a good buy. A decent amout of throw over the SC62 too. And yes, a headlamp is a MUST.
    Both are great! I did sell my SC600w and replaced it with the SC62w for the reason that the 600 was just not pocketable due to the head diameter.

Flashaholic

Speaking of great Zebralights, and of Zebralight innovation and quality: I find myself looking at Policescannerman's de-domed, Vinhn-massaged SC6330 for sale in the custom lights forum way more than my wallet thinks I should (btw, someone please put me out of my misery and buy this light!). I even researched the Vinhn threads about the light. And came upon this thread -- everyone ZL aficionado should read post 9. Says a lot coming from one of the most respected modders on this forum:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...0-XM-L2-4500K-)

Ordered my sc52w today! I am really looking forward to getting this light. It will be used daily in my job.

Since this is a ZebraLight thread I thought I would ask.
    What good Li-Ion cell protected will work?
    I just received KeepPower 14500 Sanyo 840mAh cells and one won't even allow me to close he tail cap all the way to work.
    The other is so tight I wouldn't trust it once it starts heating up or in the summer when it could expand a little. The spring is %100 compressed and still has a little more gap on the tail cap so it's not completely screwed on.

So I guess I need to return them and look for other options.
    What protected Li-Ion cells do you run in your SC52W L2 or SC52 L2?

I've had my SC52 L2 for a couple of days now, and I like it even more than my Olight S15 Baton. The only thing missing are accessories. Does anyone know of any pouches, diffusers, or any othe accessories that will work with the SC52s?

Good questin about the defuser. I'm thinking I may need to 3D print one to fit. One in red and one in white maybe.
    The only things I've found so far was an optional replacement titanium coated belt clip.
    If I find it again I'll post the link for you.

EDIT
    i didn't find the belt clip but I remebered it was on banagaloo or some site like that.
    I did find this thread, it has 3 different cases people use, good ideas and a defuser from a Felix light that fit and more. Check this thread out:
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...y-to-secure-it

I hope this helped.

EDIT 2: lol
    I found the URL. Someone mentioned this one worked on another post either in this site or another site I frequent that I can't mention without an admit editing me. But this is the belt clip alternative:
    http://www.banggood.com/Titanium-All...e-p-89414.html

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebus View Post
    I've had my SC52 L2 for a couple of days now, and I like it even more than my Olight S15 Baton. The only thing missing are accessories. Does anyone know of any pouches, diffusers, or any othe accessories that will work with the SC52s?
    Last edited by ScottJD; 02-05-2015 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Added another URL

I have a SC52w L2, a H32w and a SC62w which arrived two days ago. SC52w is my favourite in terms of tint, but, overall, I like the SC62 more because of the runtime. Except for the H32w, the other two have a rosy tint which is very pleasant for my eyes.

OK. I just pulled the trigger on a Zebralight sc52w. It will be my second ZL. I guess I'm getting hooked on ZL's. Oh well. I guess it beats drugs.

I just received my SC62 in cool white yesterday. So far, I love it. It is perfect for EDC.

I've bought a H302w, a H52FW, and a SC62w all within the last week.

Last edited by Outlander; 02-10-2015 at 08:12 PM.

Did a little mod to my SC600 MKII L2

I hate the stock clip that comes with the 600's!

They're ugly and unpractical!

Welcome the...

Titanium Prometheus clip

Had to open up the center just a hair to clear the lip on the light. It fits flush now. With the O-ring.

The little nub keeps the clip in the perfect place!

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123456789101353 ... LastLast