SunwayLED        
Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891011121555 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Zebralight Thread .

Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

Wolfgaze, when placing an order on ZL's website for something they will charge the card even if the item is back ordered then ship it as soon as a shipment arrives.

I have a SC5fd and it's a great little light. I wouldn't recommend it for outdoors but inside around the house it's a great light. My wife actually has mine now and uses it for reading all the time at night or riding in the car. It's a well balanced light with a very diffuse and floody beam. I imagine the SC5fc would be similar just warmer.

Enlightened

Smile Is there somebody with only Zebralights?

Quote Originally Posted by Romanko View Post
    I just wonder, if there somebody who has only zebralights?
    That would be me!

I love cave exploring, night cycling, and night sailing. Yeah, I hear ya, am I some kind of nocturnal nut? Yes, these activities involve the need and appreciation for good flashlights.

And Zebralights are most impressive. Over the years I have purchased more than 5 models and they just keep improving them! I started out purchasing some AA lights.
    The latest, the Zebralight SC5, puts out 535 lumens, is super compact, nice user interface, and built solidly. So I got rid of all the other AA lights. They're history!

Then I got a focused beam headlight...and Zebralight makes the best UI, the most compact, and the brightest headlights, period!

For cycling I got a SC600 and was wowed by 750 L, perfect beam, waterproof, compact size, and high efficiency. What could beat that? The SC 62! It is the most compact(less than 4" long!)
    18650 battery light, puts a 1000 L perfect beam on the pavement, will burn for 2.5 hours at 620 L, and, having a spare rechargeable battery, I always have light! I even have a
    6 watt solar panel on the back of my bike when touring that charges the 18650 battery during the day so I always have light at night when camping. Zebralights are ultracompact,
    built seamlessly, perform to specs, and have such a large range of brightness and burn times, there's no reason to be stuck in the dark. For some years I purchased a lot of Fenix and other brand
    flashlights. But you know what? My Zebralight SC62 is SO perfect for my needs, a marvel of brightness, size, and convenience, that I need no other flashlight! A small strip of 1" elastic
    and velcro allows me to mount it on top of a vent hole in my bike helmet for the best and lightest bike light for the money. And it fits into any pocket! Unlike bike headlights with self-contained batteries, I can simply
    pop in a spare 18650 battery whenever and wherever I need light.

Okay, confession, I DO have a second flashlight...a Blackwater Kite Ti that fits on my keychain, puts out 140 lumens, is a miniscule 1.7" long, and has a built-in micro USB charging port. Holy Candlepower!

Denny Francisco djf848@gmail.com
    Last edited by Denny Francisco; 04-27-2016 at 11:03 PM.
    SF E2e, Streamlight Scorpion, UK 4AA, PT Eos, BD Zenix IQ, Fenix LD10, Fenix P1, Fenix P1-CE, NiteCore Mini AA, Zebralight H51, Zebralight SC600,

Quote Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
    I'm contemplating ordering the SC5w also.
    I placed my order tonight... This will be my first ZL... I'm looking forward to configuring the outputs to my liking...
    Maratac AAA Rev 5, AAA Cu Rev 4 ][ Lumintop Tool Cu, Tool Ti, Worm SS ][ Fenix E05, LD12 ][ Olight S2, i3E EOS

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
    I placed my order tonight... This will be my first ZL... I'm looking forward to configuring the outputs to my liking...
    Let us know when it ships, I think you'll be impressed with it! They're built like a tank and extremely durable too. I've dropped mine multiple times on concrete with no issues whatsoever. The anodizing ZL uses is much more durable than other lights.

Quote Originally Posted by snowlover91 View Post
    Let us know when it ships, I think you'll be impressed with it! They're built like a tank and extremely durable too. I've dropped mine multiple times on concrete with no issues whatsoever. The anodizing ZL uses is much more durable than other lights.
    I had emailed ZL prior to placing my order and got an estimate of 5 - 10 business days before they would be back in stock...

Thanks for the heads up regarding the build quality...

Looking forward to adding a high quality AA light to my collection.... Only other AA lights I own are the Fenix LD12 and (2) Fenix E12's (the latter two I'm thinking about giving away to my nephews)...

I have to say that I'm not huge fan of the aesthetic design of many of the Zebralight models, however I do like the unique design of the SC5 and the combination of its compact size, advanced UI, build quality, and the neutral tint & good beam profile - well it wasn't hard deciding to acquire this light.... I just needed to figure out how to remedy the pocket clip stiffness and I got that issue remedied due to the feedback from you and another user in the SC5 thread....
    Maratac AAA Rev 5, AAA Cu Rev 4 ][ Lumintop Tool Cu, Tool Ti, Worm SS ][ Fenix E05, LD12 ][ Olight S2, i3E EOS

We've definitely been back in the "nothing in stock" mode for awhile now. Not that I'm waiting on anything, but I hope that changes.
    GOOD TINT!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
    Has anyone ever placed an order on the Zebralight website while the item in question was backordered? I'm just curious how they process that order - will they wait until the item comes back into stock and then only charge you once it ships?...
    I ordered an SC600w and an SC600 HI 2 weeks ago (along with a couple of the batteries Zebralight sells), didn't realize the HI was backordered until somebody in this site mentioned it. Zebralight charged me for the entire order WHEN I placed the order. After I found it the HI was backordered, I emailed them asking about availability; they responded by telling me that it would ship out in about 2 weeks, and if I wanted, I could cancel the order amd receive a refund.

Tomorrow is 2 weeks from the email response (which was a few days after the order was placed). I'll let you know when I get a shipping notice.

Yeah they charge you once the item is ordered and ship it within a few days if it's in stock or a few weeks if it's back ordered. It's worth the wait though, once you get the light you'll understand why ZL is so popular on here.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepingItLight View Post
    Yeah. I don't have the ZebraLight SC5Fc, but on paper it looks to have decent output and a nice floody beam. The one I am waiting for is the ZebraLight SC600Fd Mk. III Plus. It is slated to offer the high output of a Cree XHP50 emitter, together with a CCT of 5000K and a CRI of 93-95 Ra.
    Oh yeah. There will be a wait in this one.

Figured I'd throw up a family photo of my ZL's

Quote Originally Posted by CreeCrazy View Post
    Hi CreeCrazy, can you list which ones these are? I think I can tell the SC52w, SC5w, SC63w and SC600 (not sure which version). I did click on the full pic but can't quite read the labels, and not sure if there's some repeats (but with different tints)?

Otherwise, awesome family of Zebralights!

CreeCrazy, is the one in the middle a H52 (early version)?

I have the SC600 MKII and often use it on its side at work. I really appreciate the flat spots of the head that keep if from rolling. I am afraid I may regret upgrading to the MKIII if my light is constantly rolling away on me. Can anyone vouge for the anti-roll ability of the MKIII? I particularly use the head of the MKII on all sorts of uneven surfaces. I am a plumbing and heating tech by trade.

Does the indent of the button provide any anti-roll?
    Last edited by noboneshotdog; 05-02-2016 at 07:05 PM.

The cut out for the button gives it an anti-roll spot.

I ordered an SC52w on Saturday. Since everything was back ordered I was prepared to wait it out for a few weeks. Just got the email that it shipped! Some companies don't even ship in-stock items that fast. Thanks Zebralight!
    Hello darkness my old friend,
    I've come to talk with you again...
    I liked neutral tints before they were cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Random Dan View Post
    I ordered an SC52w on Saturday. Since everything was back ordered I was prepared to wait it out for a few weeks. Just got the email that it shipped! Some companies don't even ship in-stock items that fast. Thanks Zebralight!
    Hoping to receive an email shipment confirmation regarding my SC5w order I placed late last week....

I ordered an sc5w 5 days ago.

As of today, most online vendors now show this item in stock. However, I also have not received a shipping notice from Zebralight yet.

Hopefully soon.
    Ecc 12:13-14 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

Quote Originally Posted by noboneshotdog View Post
    I have the SC600 MKII and often use it on its side at work. I really appreciate the flat spots of the head that keep if from rolling. I am afraid I may regret upgrading to the MKIII if my light is constantly rolling away on me. Can anyone vouge for the anti-roll ability of the MKIII? I particularly use the head of the MKII on all sorts of uneven surfaces. I am a plumbing and heating tech by trade.

Does the indent of the button provide any anti-roll?
    It does give it some anti-roll and the clip also gives a nice anti-roll.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
    Hi CreeCrazy, can you list which ones these are? I think I can tell the SC52w, SC5w, SC63w and SC600 (not sure which version). I did click on the full pic but can't quite read the labels, and not sure if there's some repeats (but with different tints)?

Otherwise, awesome family of Zebralights!
    SC52w, SC63w, SC600w MKIII, SC62, H51, SC600w MKII, SC600 MKIII (HI?), SC63, SC5w

Quote Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
    I ordered an sc5w 5 days ago.

As of today, most online vendors now show this item in stock. However, I also have not received a shipping notice from Zebralight yet.

Hopefully soon.
    Brasso any word yet on your order?

I left a message with Zebralight and they responded that any orders placed now would be filled in 3 days. So I'm going to wait 3 days and see what happens.
    Ecc 12:13-14 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

Great collection!

Thanks for the info....

Unenlightened

I placed an order April 29 for a SC600w Mk III HI and SC5w and received a shipping notice May 2.

Brasso, I received my shipment confirmation & tracking # today... I presume you did as well...

I did.

Now the anticipatory wait.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryRanson View Post
    I placed an order April 29 for a SC600w Mk III HI and SC5w and received a shipping notice May 2.
    Was this shipping notice just for your SC5w or the MH III HI too? I'm wondering because I ordered my MK III HI on 4/25 and it hasn't shipped yet.

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by TA_ls1 View Post
    Was this shipping notice just for your SC5w or the MH III HI too? I'm wondering because I ordered my MK III HI on 4/25 and it hasn't shipped yet.
    Both items shipped and I just received notification that the SC5w is back in stock.

Ok, thanks

More models back in stock, still no HI though.
    GOOD TINT!

Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891011121555 ... LastLast