Prometheus        
Page 63 of 93 FirstFirst ... 135356575859606162636465666768697073 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,890 of 2765

Thread: The Official Zebralight Thread .

Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

Quote Originally Posted by Tachead View Post
    My point is there is no safety issue and the light will still work fine even if the performance on H1 isn't optimal.
    Regarding safety at least two people reported other problem too (drain and LVP)

https://www.reddit.com/r/flashlight/...fp&sh=f69d36e5

Quote Originally Posted by niraya View Post

Wow that sounds scary bad. So far my 64 has no such symptoms. This is why many favor protected batteries. If the flashlight fails there is still backup protection. At least there was no venting.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by niraya View Post

It's a defect light. It happens with all electronics from time to time. This is the first time I have ever seen this kind of problem with a ZL though. Must be something wrong with the driver as it never should have drained the cell. I had a MKIV Plus and it worked flawlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by sc00ts19 View Post
    ďIn G6 and G7
    H1, H2, M1, M2, L1 and L2 can be programmed to any of the 12 available brightness levelsĒ

This seems pretty clear, was there another section of the product description that youíre referring to?
    Yes, three of the strobes are listed as being at H1 brightness. H1 is configurable. Since the strobe works in G5, G6, and G7, one would think the strobe will work at the H1 setting in all three.

If one interprets the spec sheet as only applying to H5, then one could assume the strobe doesn't work at all in H6 or H7.

Sigh Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

It's a defect light. It happens with all electronics from time to time. This is the first time I have ever seen this kind of problem with a ZL though. Must be something wrong with the driver as it never should have drained the cell. I had a MKIV Plus and it worked flawlessly.
    I had H600Fc MkIV and it was malfunctioning dud.

Quote Originally Posted by geokite View Post
    Yes, three of the strobes are listed as being at H1 brightness. H1 is configurable. Since the strobe works in G5, G6, and G7, one would think the strobe will work at the H1 setting in all three.

If one interprets the spec sheet as only applying to H5, then one could assume the strobe doesn't work at all in H6 or H7.
    The instructions donít mention anything about the strobe modes being programmable in anyway. I think itís pretty unfair to accuse a manufacturer of being misleading because oneís assumption are wrong.

Flashaholic

The instructions donít mention anything about the strobe modes being programmable in anyway. I think itís pretty unfair to accuse a manufacturer of being misleading because oneís assumption are wrong.
    And I think keeping the strobes consistent throughout all modes was the right thing to do. I set low modes on G6 for H1, a super dim high frequency strobe doesn't really make sense.. not that I use my strobes at all anyway, they really only ever get activated by accident.

I do wish that ZL added the H1 mode (but in non-strobe) in the three-click strobe rotation as well.. that would give a shortcut from off to the highest level which would be pretty cool (provided that's where you left off)..

Strobe levels cannot be changed, per a reply from zl I got recently. IMO their product description is misleading on this.
    What I had in mind was completely replacing strobe with H1 PID normal level in the strobe slot. I understand now it isn't possible. Just wanted to make sure I am understood. I have no use for blinky modes and that could isolate H1 so even long pressing to scroll through modes would never show H1. That would be desirable to me. 3 clicks to get super high very short output that I could never ever get to be accident. Neat.

Has anyone yet received a light with instructions that include the new programming configurations (G6, G7)? I've looked at the thread and can't find this specifically addressed in recent posts. I'm asking this question because the instructions I received with my SC64w last week did not include any mention of the new programming configurations. I'm curious if ZL is shipping all the lights with instructions that haven't yet been changed to mention the new configurations.

The instructions say H1 is programmable, and that 3/4 strobe modes are set at H1. The instructions do not state that in G6 or G7 the strobe is set at the G5 H1 level; how would the user come to that conclusion if H1 is programmable?

The instructions say H1 is programmable, and that 3/4 strobe modes are set at H1. The instructions do not state that in G6 or G7 the strobe is set at the G5 H1 level; how would the user come to that conclusion if H1 is programmable?
    I do understand what youíre saying and you raise an interesting point of why the strobe modes brightness levels donít mirror the brightness levels of the currently selected ui group.

When I read the instructions, G5 is the default ui group. H1 is the default high for this group. Beacon levels are based off of these H1 and L1 and the 3x click designation completely separates them from the ui group.

G6 and G7 are merely 2 separate ui groups that offer 6 fully programmable levels each, not including beacon modes.

I suppose ZL could include something like, ď19Hz Strobe at G5 H1Ē in their instructions but I donít think thatís really necessary.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by mightysparrow View Post
    Has anyone yet received a light with instructions that include the new programming configurations (G6, G7)? I've looked at the thread and can't find this specifically addressed in recent posts. I'm asking this question because the instructions I received with my SC64w last week did not include any mention of the new programming configurations. I'm curious if ZL is shipping all the lights with instructions that haven't yet been changed to mention the new configurations.
    ZL only sent me a generic manual that says nothing about G6/G7 on my new SC600Fd MK IV (ordered directly from ZL a couple of weeks ago). It does however say in the manual:
    . . .
    Please refer to www.zebralight.com for information specific to this product.
    The detailed website listing does show info about G6/G7.
    Last edited by terryoregon; 02-22-2018 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by terryoregon View Post
    ZL only sent me a generic manual that says nothing about G6/G7 on my new SC600Fd MK IV (ordered directly from ZL a couple of weeks ago). It does however say in the manual:
    . . .

The detailed website listing does show info about G6/G7.
    Yeah, wish the paperwork inside the box with the light actually had the G6/G7 info. I just noticed that 2 days ago when I put it with some new lights and didn't see the new UI even mentioned. I have 7 with the new UI and none had updated paperwork.

Thanks to terryoregon and Tixx for the responses to my question. Yes, I can see that ZL staff are very busy lately - there's no runtime data for the SC64 on the website and no updated instruction sheet available yet. I'm glad they put a priority on fulfilling our orders, though, rather than focusing on the other tasks! I'm liking the SC64w very much.

I will probably type out my own instruction sheet, as I did with my Emisar D4s -- it's nice to have to remind me of the way to change the configurations, if I ever decide to do that. I'm sticking with the basic, old-fashioned configuration so far, just because it is the same for all my Zebralights and therefore easier for me to remember how to operate each light!

Jeff
    "However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -- Stanley Kubrick

That's exactly what I do. Stick with the old setup. Since I have a mkiii headlamp and mkiv flashlight, I don't want to have two different UIs to deal with. That could get confusing. Besides the possibility of a high flash accidentally, I really like the g5(old way) of doing things. I guess until I upgrade to mkiv headlamps, I'll just leave them as is.

Iíve kept my h53c on G7 which is programmed to the 6 lowest outputs, H1 being the lowest. I have an sc64w on the way and plan on leaving it on G5, so in preparation iíve had my h53c on G5. At 0300 the other morning while getting dressed for work I single clicked expecting .06 lumens and received 276 🤩. I also recommend keeping all of your lights on the same ui.

Yeah, mixing new and old Zebralight UI can be confusing (blinding) when I want to have low on single click. As it is, all my Zebralights headlamps have the new UI and on the new flashlights I kept the new pocket clip so that by color and feel I know which UI I have to deal with. One SC5Fw is donated and perhaps I'll do that with the others as well.
    Last edited by Nuppet; 02-24-2018 at 03:29 PM.

It doesn't.

I have run multiple 30 minute runtime tests on H1 with no external cooling at 24C ambient temperature on both the 64c&d. My tail springs look good as new and have noticed no issues whatsoever with the tailcap or spring. I am pretty sure the guy that started that thread about the H600Fc is blowing the spring temperature way out of proportion. He is the only person that has even mentioned it out of the many people that have reviewed that light. If there was an issue with the spring it would become discolored and/or break and I am sure ZL would have noticed it when testing the new model.
    I ran tests for H1 during a few minutes and checked immediately the spring after the first two minutes, and the temperature was normal, not even warm.
    The darkness is afraid of us.
    Flashlights are cheaper than therapy.

I never switch between G5/G6/G7, I set G6 with the modes I want and only use it in that group

For my SC600W HI IV

Long click: Low: 22.9 / 0.07lm
    Single click: Medium: 264 / 127
    Double click: High: 1400 / 875lm

For my H53W

Long click: Low 12 / 0.07
    Single click: Medium 122 / 65
    Double click: High: 330 / 275lm

I have a SC5w II incoming that I will set the same way

I think this is the best UI for a EDC light, ever
    Last edited by anthon87; 02-26-2018 at 03:54 AM.

Anyone have an SC64W?

If so how does it compare to the SC63W?

Both have the same body and the 64W is rated less than 300 lumens more. My guess is the difference in output is barely noticeable. However, I'm curious how long the SC64W can maintain max output. My S63W starts ramping down very quickly. Even though the body does not seem that hot. Even after I set the PID to well above manufacturer default it still ramps down quite fast.

In contrast, my SC600 IV Plus barely ramps down at all and the body gets substantially hotter (but still never too hot to touch) even at the default setting.

Flashaholic*

Does anyone know if the C3 will ever be released?
    Top 5=> MX30L4Cvn xpl HI 4000K, SD26vn 219c, T6vn xpl pdt, U21vn xpl pdt, D25Cvn, BLF GT, BLF Q8, TN30vn35#2, SC63w, K40Lvn, K40Mvn, U21vn#1, MK35vn, TN30vn50, X7vn, X45vn, EC50vn, EC60vn, MK35vn, ToolvnCu, T21vn, U11vn, TX25Cvn, S200C2vn & C22Cvn. Charger: SkyRC

Quote Originally Posted by brighterthanthesun View Post
    Does anyone know if the C3 will ever be released?
    Hahahaha. I asked ZL a few weeks back and they said they have no plans for production at this time.
    "There ain't no bones in a hotdog" F. York.

Anyone have a video review of the SC64w or even just the new UI?

Quote Originally Posted by Cobraman502 View Post
    Anyone have a video review of the SC64w or even just the new UI?
    Here https://youtu.be/PkGJtcaa8W0 is a good video on the new ui. Iím surprised there arenít any reviews on the sc64w. I just got one yesterday, what a great light!

Iíve noticed that my h53c will flash once when I tighten down the tailcap. I can loosen the tailcap, click the button, then tighten the tailcap and it will flash. My sc64w does not do this at all. The h53 will also flash about every 12-15 seconds when the battery gets low, does the sc64 do this too? Iím wondering if anyone else has noticed this? Would this be a difference in the driver due to the different battery types?

Iíve noticed that my h53c will flash once when I tighten down the tailcap. I can loosen the tailcap, click the button, then tighten the tailcap and it will flash. My sc64w does not do this at all. The h53 will also flash about every 12-15 seconds when the battery gets low, does the sc64 do this too? Iím wondering if anyone else has noticed this? Would this be a difference in the driver due to the different battery types?
    I've not noticed the low battery flashing, but my AA ZL blinks with loosen/tighten tailcap while my 18650 ZL does not.

Here https://youtu.be/PkGJtcaa8W0 is a good video on the new ui. Iím surprised there arenít any reviews on the sc64w. I just got one yesterday, what a great light!
    Awesome thanks.

Received my SC600w Mk IV, H53Fc and SC5c Mk II this week. Without having tested them that much, everything seems fine (still haven't tried the new UI or any longer runtimes). But, I found an irritating failure in the switch of the H53Fc and the SC5c II: the black layer of the button is not 100%. When the light is on, light is visible through part of the switch button (see attached images). Is this a known phenomena? Couldn't find anything on here by searching the forum, but I could have missed it. If anyone else have experienced this, did you contact ZL, and what did they say about it?

Flashaholic

I have the same "issue" on my h53c and h600fc mk4. Zebralight has already responded saying that it is not an issue and that the button allows some light to go thru. No big deal

My SC600 IV plus also allows some light through the switch.

I figure that this an intended design change, so that you have an extra indicator the light is on.

Page 63 of 93 FirstFirst ... 135356575859606162636465666768697073 ... LastLast