*NEW* Fenix HP12 (1x 18650/2x CR123, 900 lumens)

kj2

Flashaholic
Released today:

2dl6aur.jpg

wbw129.jpg

http://fenixlight.com/ProductMore.aspx?id=1157&tid=13&cid=2#

boudeou

Newly Enlightened
i have the SX5, the HP12 is more compact, the battery carrier is very big on the Spark to accept 26650 or 3*AA

Chay

Newly Enlightened
I'm keeping my eye out on this one, will be useful if I decide to go caving :)

faucon

Enlightened
Yes, too bad about the lack of a really low mode although otherwise it looks like a headlamp I'd like to own. BTW, does it bother anybody else when Fenix advertises its burst mode as if it were the working lumens of its lights? Personally I find this annoying and deceptive.

kj2

Flashaholic
Yes, too bad about the lack of a really low mode although otherwise it looks like a headlamp I'd like to own. BTW, does it bother anybody else when Fenix advertises its burst mode as if it were the working lumens of its lights? Personally I find this annoying and deceptive.
It does reach that many lumens, so in IMO they can mention that lumen amount. Bottom line, that's the max working lumens.. max output says nothing about how long it will run. And that you need to press and hold.. well, that's their UI.

faucon

Enlightened
It does reach that many lumens, so in IMO they can mention that lumen amount. Bottom line, that's the max working lumens.. max output says nothing about how long it will run. And that you need to press and hold.. well, that's their UI.

Saying '900 Lumens Max' is technically true, but some consumers will only see the '900 Lumens' part and won't have any idea what a 'burst mode' might be. My flashlights that can reach 900 lumens can do so continuously without pressing and holding anything. Fenix can do what they like as long as they're not outright lying about their specs, it's just a personal annoyance for me to have '900 Lumens!' catch my eye, and then find out it's referring to the burst mode.

kj2

Flashaholic
As long it does 900 lumens, it's fine for me. IMO it's customers responsibility to check how it works. Of course, seller should provide correct answer when asked. Not everybody is a flashaholic ;)

Baldenwonder

Newly Enlightened
I'm thinking about getting one of these with the new 18650 batteries and maybe a nitecore D4 charger. I have some nice torches but only had cheap headlamps and this one looks good.

Have you tried it out yet and what is it like if you have compared to others?

Last edited:

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't get the specs. 3800 candela for the 400 lumen high mode? Or, 900 burst mode?

Why didn't they offer an optional 2 18650 pack? I can do 8th grade math: 300 days @ 10 min loss x 3 men - 150 hours per year changing cells. Or optimistically, 25 hours per worker. ... Also, it would be useless if only 3800 candela during burst mode, for task lighting, where you need detail vision and stepping back to examine the work. Fine for camping and walking around and folding clothing.

Baldenwonder

Newly Enlightened
I now have the HP12 set up with the 18650 ARB-L2S, this has some useful light settings and the burst mode stays on without having to hold the button all the time. I'm testing it out in different locations and weather conditions. :)

boudeou

Newly Enlightened
received mine two days ago, and it's a amazing headlamp, love it.
i'll make some comparaisons pictures with H600 and SX5 if you want

Baldenwonder

Newly Enlightened
received mine two days ago, and it's a amazing headlamp, love it.
i'll make some comparaisons pictures with H600 and SX5 if you want

Excellent, it would be great to see how it compares. I tried mine against cheap headlamp but that had a lens to magnify the beam to a tight spot.
I find it has a soft edged spot and an outer glow. [emoji1]

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
God knows I don't need another headlamp but don't have any lights in 18650 so took the plunge and got one of those Nitecore UM10 USB powered battery chargers so I can charge it using my ANKER Battery pack which in turn could be charged by my ALLPOWERS folding solar charger. LOL! Odds are none of that will happen however I will still probably use the USB charger connected to one of my Anker battery packs at one point in time. Hope I didn't make a mistake getting into 1860s though could use CR123s as well.

Last edited:

heniekk

Newly Enlightened
I wonder what's the weight of the front head unit. I need sth. stronger for all night runs. Have you tried it while running ? Does it works without top strap ?

Baldenwonder

Newly Enlightened
I wonder what's the weight of the front head unit. I need sth. stronger for all night runs. Have you tried it while running ? Does it works without top strap ?

I'll give it a try, but I won't be able to run all night to test it [emoji317]