RMSK, Inc.        
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 238

Thread: Eneloops: what charger do I need? (info and discussion thead)

  1. #121

    Default Re: Eneloops: what charger do I need? (info and discussion thead)

    I'm very interested if anyone has tried the Panasonic BQ-CC17KSBA eneloop Advanced Individual Battery Charger with 4 LED Charge Indicator Lights, Black since it is available right now in USA. I prefer not to deal with customs.

  2. #122
    HKJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    8,779

    Default Re: Eneloops: what charger do I need? (info and discussion thead)

    Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    I'm very interested if anyone has tried the Panasonic BQ-CC17KSBA eneloop Advanced Individual Battery Charger with 4 LED Charge Indicator Lights, Black since it is available right now in USA. I prefer not to deal with customs.
    I did a review of it: http://lygte-info.dk/review/Review%2...CC17%20UK.html
    My website with battery and charger information: lygte-info.
    More than 1000 reviews of batteries, charges and other stuff.
    Compare 18650 LiIon batteries or smaller (RCR123, 16340, 14500, 10450) LiIon batteries.

  3. #123

    Default Re: Eneloops: what charger do I need? (info and discussion thead)

    Thanks! HS1 over 70C? Isn't that too hot?

    Maha charges faster without more heat?
    Last edited by recDNA; 07-22-2015 at 04:07 PM.

  4. #124
    HKJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    8,779

    Default Re: Eneloops: what charger do I need? (info and discussion thead)

    Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    Thanks! HS1 over 70C? Isn't that too hot?
    If it had been on the outside of the charger, it might be a problem, but as long as it is a single part inside the charger it is probably acceptable.
    Electronic parts that handles power are often rated for 150C.
    My website with battery and charger information: lygte-info.
    More than 1000 reviews of batteries, charges and other stuff.
    Compare 18650 LiIon batteries or smaller (RCR123, 16340, 14500, 10450) LiIon batteries.

  5. #125

    Default Re: Eneloops: what charger do I need? (info and discussion thead)

    Quote Originally Posted by HKJ View Post
    If it had been on the outside of the charger, it might be a problem, but as long as it is a single part inside the charger it is probably acceptable.
    Electronic parts that handles power are often rated for 150C.
    Wow. That's really hot. Obviously I chose an easily available inexpensive charger. Is there another easily available (amazon or ebay or usa dealer) that is safe and charges faster than the Panasonic BQ-CC17KSBA eneloop Advanced Individual Battery Charger with 4 LED Charge Indicator Lights, Black

  6. #126

    Default Re: Eneloops: what charger do I need? (info and discussion thead)

    Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    OK, I want one of these MQH03 or the other one but where can I buy them? This thread is really hard on beginners. Are you saying there are no good chargers available in usa? I mean this in the most respectful way but can someone simply say where we can buy a quality charger that accurately reports when batteries are charged? People seem to love Maha but everyone agrees it reports batteries charged before they are? That's pretty useless.
    The only "good" official Eneloop chargers in the USA were limited to:
    • NC-MDU01 -- USB charger (discontinued)
    • NC-MQN05 -- 4 cell 7 hour charger (discontinued)
    • NC-MDR01 / NC-MDR02 -- 2 cell 4 hour travel charger (discontinued)
    • BQ-CC17 -- 4 cell 7 hour charger (in production)


    All other chargers that were sold in the USA were just as slow and/or could only charge in pairs and were timer based.

    The NC-MQH03 was sold briefly in Canada as part of the Costco bundles back in 2008 I believe. This charger was primarily sold in Southeast Asia (not Japan). You can now only find it relatively easily on eBay Singapore. The listings do not have shipping option, you will need to PM the sellers to arrange shipment. It is not hard to do at all and the sellers are trustworthy, I have dealt with them recently. Although the MQH03 has the very attractive feature of the 12VDC jack for car charging or wall wart use, the best thing about this is that it has better charging rates for AAAs also. If you don't care about these, then you can find NC-MQH01 or NC-MQH02 easier here on eBay USA and Amazon USA. But due to the higher charging rates these chargers output, I only recommend using them for regular Eneloops or Eneloop Pros. I don't recommend them for Eneloop Lites as the rates are too high for them in some cases, and could cause serious heat issues.

  7. #127

    Default Re: Eneloops: what charger do I need? (info and discussion thead)

    Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    I'm very interested if anyone has tried the Panasonic BQ-CC17KSBA eneloop Advanced Individual Battery Charger with 4 LED Charge Indicator Lights, Black since it is available right now in USA. I prefer not to deal with customs.
    I understand your hesitance in dealing with customs, however, I have imported thousands of dollars of goods (various non-battery or flash light things for the most part) from around the world without any issues (knocks on wood). If this is just airmail that USPS does the final delivery, it is a very smooth process. Since this is international mail, there's just additional waiting time for your order to arrive.

    Unfortunately, the BQ-CC17 is a slow 7 hour charger, although it does have the benefit of having individual channels, so that makes it good to use if you're not in a hurry. But really, for an in-production official charger, I'd go with the BQ-CC16 (not available in black), or the BQ-CC21 (has either color). Both have similar charge rates and both are smart chargers. Both charge 4 cells in 4 hours, or 2 cells in 2 hours-- all within the 0.5C to 1C rates. The BQ-CC16 is for the rest of the world and the BQ-CC21 is for the home market (Japan). You can find these easily on eBay USA or Amazon USA. The buyer protections offered from either site makes the process smooth and hassle free.

  8. #128
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,088

    Default Re: Eneloops: what charger do I need? (info and discussion thead)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kouryu View Post
    The NC-MQH03 was sold briefly in Canada as part of the Costco bundles back in 2008 I believe. This charger was primarily sold in Southeast Asia (not Japan). You can now only find it relatively easily on eBay Singapore. The listings do not have shipping option, you will need to PM the sellers to arrange shipment. It is not hard to do at all and the sellers are trustworthy, I have dealt with them recently. Although the MQH03 has the very attractive feature of the 12VDC jack for car charging or wall wart use, the best thing about this is that it has better charging rates for AAAs also.
    Yes, I have this charger, and it's a great charger for fast-charging. Either 1 or 2 hour charging for AA and AAA, depending on which slots you use (outside slots are the fast-charge). All slots are individually charged. Reliably terminates. Obviously, due to the high charging rates, it's not any good for very old cells, but it still charges my 9-year old Eneloops just fine. I usually only use it when I need a quick charge.

    My only complaint is that it only has 1 LED, which goes out when all slots are finished charging. There's no individual LEDs for each slot, like the BQ-CC17 has.

  9. #129

    Default Re: Eneloops: what charger do I need? (info and discussion thead)

    Quote Originally Posted by WalkIntoTheLight View Post
    Yes, I have this charger, and it's a great charger for fast-charging. Either 1 or 2 hour charging for AA and AAA, depending on which slots you use (outside slots are the fast-charge). All slots are individually charged. Reliably terminates. Obviously, due to the high charging rates, it's not any good for very old cells, but it still charges my 9-year old Eneloops just fine. I usually only use it when I need a quick charge.

    My only complaint is that it only has 1 LED, which goes out when all slots are finished charging. There's no individual LEDs for each slot, like the BQ-CC17 has.
    Yeah, I'm not happy about the single LED in the MQH03 either... as they say, you win some, you lose some
    the MQR06 has individual LEDs though and not bad in terms of speed.... the BQ-CC16 has basically the same case as the MQR06, except only 2 different charging rates instead of 3, and green LEDs instead of blue... no big deal if you just want hassle free purchase of a charger, rather than more effort to get the MQR06

  10. #130

    Default Re: Eneloops: what charger do I need? (info and discussion thead)

    The BQCC16 or BQCC21 charge faster. Do they also have individual charging or do batteries have to be charged in pairs?

  11. #131
    HKJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    8,779

    Default Re: Eneloops: what charger do I need? (info and discussion thead)

    Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    The BQCC16 or BQCC21 charge faster. Do they also have individual charging or do batteries have to be charged in pairs?
    I have also done a review of CC16: http://lygte-info.dk/review/Review%2...CC16%20UK.html
    My website with battery and charger information: lygte-info.
    More than 1000 reviews of batteries, charges and other stuff.
    Compare 18650 LiIon batteries or smaller (RCR123, 16340, 14500, 10450) LiIon batteries.

  12. #132

    Default Re: Eneloops: what charger do I need? (info and discussion thead)

    I found the BQCC21 with eneloop pros on Amazon but it was EXPENSIVE. The BQCC16 costs less but does not come with pros.

  13. #133

    Default Re: Eneloops: what charger do I need? (info and discussion thead)

    Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    I found the BQCC21 with eneloop pros on Amazon but it was EXPENSIVE. The BQCC16 costs less but does not come with pros.
    Another person earlier in this thread had the same dilemma... getting these for a good price is a matter of some creative searching and also buying from the right place
    Here is what I replied with:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouryu View Post
    Actually, if you search "Eneloop forest" on Amazon, there's the Forest Tones limited edition set that shows up for about $32... You expect Amazon to show this when you search "BQ-CC21", but it doesn't... same with ebay, search the same way or "Eneloop limited" and the same kit shows up for about the same price
    Also, on ebay, if you search "BQ-CC21", you can buy just the charger alone for about $25

    Like I said... the price is pretty good and IMO, is a better deal than getting the BQ-CC17 + 4 batteries set
    Last edited by Kouryu; 07-23-2015 at 07:49 PM.

  14. #134

    Default Re: Eneloops: what charger do I need? (info and discussion thead)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kouryu View Post
    Another person earlier in this thread had the same dilemma... getting these for a good price is a matter of some creative searching and also buying from the right place
    Here is what I replied with:
    Thank you but that search produces this result

  15. #135
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    315

    Default Re: Eneloops: what charger do I need? (info and discussion thead)

    I'm happy with my Sanyo NC-MQR03. It's been serving me well for several years.
    I wanted to get another charger as backup or get an analyzing charger but the Sanyo hasn't given me any real reason to change it yet.

    Since I got an Xtar XP1 for travel since I usually just bring 1xAA lights because of their size, I haven't had an itch to upgrade.

  16. #136

    Default Re: Eneloops: what charger do I need? (info and discussion thead)

    Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    Thank you but that search produces this result
    Yes, it's the Forest tones charger set, like I said... K-KJ21MCC40F is the set #... comes with 1 black BQ-CC21 charger, 4 Forest tones AAs
    http://panasonic.jp/battery/charge/forest/
    This is currently the cheapest way to to get a black BQ-CC21 charger (sometimes ebay is cheaper than amazon). If you want cheaper, than you can get just the charger on ebay (new), but it only is sold in white

  17. #137

    Default Re: Eneloops: what charger do I need? (info and discussion thead)

    Quote Originally Posted by BloodLust View Post
    I'm happy with my Sanyo NC-MQR03. It's been serving me well for several years.
    I wanted to get another charger as backup or get an analyzing charger but the Sanyo hasn't given me any real reason to change it yet.

    Since I got an Xtar XP1 for travel since I usually just bring 1xAA lights because of their size, I haven't had an itch to upgrade.
    The MQR03 is a very good charger... no reason to get rid of it... only time to replace it is when you splurge for those expensive analyzing chargers
    I have a TGR03 myself, which is basically the same thing except slot 2 has the "check" function... insert a cell, then plug the charger in... wait 3 seconds for it to test, then it will light up in one of 3 colors to show you state of charge, like the eneloopy does

    The great thing about these chargers is its refresh function, so it's good for tired cells... it discharges at a very gentle rate (takes about 8 hours for a full ~2000mAh) cell, before it recharges at the specified rates... it seems to treat cells much better than what the Sony BCG-34MRMF does (even with the cover off, cells get uncomfortably warm compared to ANY Sanyo charger... this is with charging and refresh modes, doesn't matter)

  18. #138

    Default Re: Eneloops: what charger do I need? (info and discussion thead)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kouryu View Post
    Yes, it's the Forest tones charger set, like I said... K-KJ21MCC40F is the set #... comes with 1 black BQ-CC21 charger, 4 Forest tones AAs
    http://panasonic.jp/battery/charge/forest/
    This is currently the cheapest way to to get a black BQ-CC21 charger (sometimes ebay is cheaper than amazon). If you want cheaper, than you can get just the charger on ebay (new), but it only is sold in white
    Does this BQCC21 charger have an American style AC plug. On ebay it warns it may not. Amazon doesn't mention it.

  19. #139

    Default Re: Eneloops: what charger do I need? (info and discussion thead)

    Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    Does this BQCC21 charger have an American style AC plug. On ebay it warns it may not. Amazon doesn't mention it.
    Absolutely! Japan uses the same style plug as USA, except they are not polarized for anything. This means you can buy anything from Japan and it will plug into an US outlet, as long as it's voltage compatible (they use 100 volts, so "dual voltage" things are compatible)

    From Yahoo Japan auction
    Last edited by Kouryu; 07-24-2015 at 09:35 PM.

  20. #140

    Default Re: Eneloops: what charger do I need? (info and discussion thead)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kouryu View Post
    Absolutely! Japan uses the same style plug as USA, except they are not polarized for anything. This means you can buy anything from Japan and it will plug into an US outlet, as long as it's voltage compatible (they use 100 volts, so "dual voltage" things are compatible)

    From Yahoo Japan auction
    What does that mean? Is there a switch to go from 100 volts to 110(usa)?

  21. #141

    Default Re: Eneloops: what charger do I need? (info and discussion thead)

    Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    What does that mean? Is there a switch to go from 100 volts to 110(usa)?
    it auto detects mains voltage and switches automatically to match the input voltage.... literally, there's nothing to do other than flipping the plug out, then plugging it in
    The packaging says "Worldwide voltage" in Japanese too... they want to make this travel friendly, so in our case, it makes this easy to import and use, without needing a step down transformer

    The BQ-CC16 is the same way... it is also auto switching voltage, the euro or UK plugs and be removed by unclipping it, which exposes the US style plug.... you don't need a step up transformer for those either, just plug it in!

  22. #142

    Default Re: Eneloops: what charger do I need? (info and discussion thead)

    Ok thanks. This is the charger I need then. Too bad it doesn't come with pros but you can't have everything

  23. #143

    Default Re: Eneloops: what charger do I need? (info and discussion thead)

    It does come with pros! But it's more expensive, since pros are more expensive cells...
    http://panasonic.jp/battery/charge/p...et/lineup.html
    only available with AAs, no AAA charger + cell sets (although AAA packs are available)
    This black charger originally came with this pro set, all the normal eneloop sets come with white chargers... it's only the forest tones sets comes with the black charger

    my original advice was only suggesting the simplest/cheapest way to get the BQ-CC21 charger... but since you want pros, then:
    K-KJ21HCC40... about $40 on Amazon USA.... $37 on ebay USA... I'd go the ebay route, since either option involves Japanese sellers anyway, so delivery time will be pretty much the same... at $37, it's not much difference in price between paying $25 for a white BQ-CC21 charger + $15ish for 4 eneloop pros
    Last edited by Kouryu; 07-25-2015 at 05:51 PM.

  24. #144

    Default Re: Eneloops: what charger do I need? (info and discussion thead)

    That link is in Japanese. I only read English. I will search that number though. I prefer Amazon but that's just me

  25. #145

    Default Re: Eneloops: what charger do I need? (info and discussion thead)

    It's in Japanese because the BQ-CC21 and its battery sets are Japan only, it's not officially sold anywhere else! There is no language choice here. If you want to read it in English, use Google Translate. Otherwise, the rest of this thread may have answers you are looking for.

    Any English pages will be for the CC16, CC17, CC18, CC51 chargers, which are sold everywhere but Japan.
    Last edited by Kouryu; 07-26-2015 at 01:39 PM.

  26. #146

    Default Re: Eneloops: what charger do I need? (info and discussion thead)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kouryu View Post
    It's in Japanese because the BQ-CC21 and its battery sets are Japan only, it's not officially sold anywhere else! There is no language choice here. If you want to read it in English, use Google Translate. Otherwise, the rest of this thread may have answers you are looking for.

    Any English pages will be for the CC16, CC17, CC18, CC51 chargers, which are sold everywhere but Japan.
    Well Amazon has it in English right? Not much detail but it is there. I wonder if the reason is the charger fails to pass USA safety regs?

  27. #147
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    545

    Default Re: Eneloops: what charger do I need? (info and discussion thead)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kouryu View Post
    It does come with pros! But it's more expensive, since pros are more expensive cells...
    http://panasonic.jp/battery/charge/p...et/lineup.html
    only available with AAs, no AAA charger + cell sets (although AAA packs are available)
    This black charger originally came with this pro set, all the normal eneloop sets come with white chargers... it's only the forest tones sets comes with the black charger

    my original advice was only suggesting the simplest/cheapest way to get the BQ-CC21 charger... but since you want pros, then:
    K-KJ21HCC40... about $40 on Amazon USA.... $37 on ebay USA... I'd go the ebay route, since either option involves Japanese sellers anyway, so delivery time will be pretty much the same... at $37, it's not much difference in price between paying $25 for a white BQ-CC21 charger + $15ish for 4 eneloop pros
    I really appreciate this advice - thanks.

    For those who want to keep it even more simple and worry-free, check out the little Maha Powerex MH 401FS charger mentioned in post 101 -- it was just $36 with excellent user ratings last I checked on Amazon.
    Oveready Boss 35 & 70; LensLight Mini; HDS Rotary 325 XP-L, Clicky 170W; ZebraLight SC 600 MK III HI, SC600W, SC62W, SC60W, SC52W, SC51C, SC5W; EagleTac NW D25LC2, NW D25A, DX30LC2 Clicky; Fenix PD35; Quark Ti AA & 2-123-T; Quark AA-T and 123-2-T; Nitecore D10R2 and D10R2 (Tribute); Elzetta Alpha

  28. #148

    Default Re: Eneloops: what charger do I need? (info and discussion thead)

    Hi! Can I use a Hitachi Maxell quick charger for eneloops? Input: AC 100 ~ 240V, 50/60Hz, 7W Output: DC 1.2V. 1050mA (AA x 2), 525mA (AA x 4), 600mA (AAA x 2), 300mA (AAA x 4)

  29. #149
    Flashaholic* ChrisGarrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    4,740

    Default Re: Eneloops: what charger do I need? (info and discussion thead)

    Quote Originally Posted by singapore.mo.b View Post
    Hi! Can I use a Hitachi Maxell quick charger for eneloops? Input: AC 100 ~ 240V, 50/60Hz, 7W Output: DC 1.2V. 1050mA (AA x 2), 525mA (AA x 4), 600mA (AAA x 2), 300mA (AAA x 4)
    Sure you can. 1A for 2 Eneloops is fine and 1A is what a lot of us charge them up at. 525mA for four might be a tad low, but not too low. For AAAs, both charging rates are acceptable. I charge my AAA Eneloops at 400mA, but 600mA for two, while a bit high for my tastes, is fine.

    Chris
    Convoy: S2, S2+, M1, M2, Fenix: P1D, PD32, HL30, ET: D25C Ti, SF: 6P, ZL: SC-600, Klarus: P2A, Jetbeam: BA-20, Icon: Rogue 1, L3: L10, Xeno: E03, ShiningBeam: I-Mini, Olight: i3s, SWM: D40A, M11R, V11R, Maglite: 6Ds, MMs, Solitaires, LaCrosse BC-700, Maha C-9000, XTAR VP2, MP1S, XP1, MC1+, WP2 II, NiteCore i4, v2.

  30. #150

    Default Re: Eneloops: what charger do I need? (info and discussion thead)

    Just released in Japan:
    BQ-CC57... 4 bay smart charger with USB output
    BQ-CC55... replaces BQ-CC21... no more plastic lid, looks similar to BQ-CC16, but has LED light strip at the top instead of hidden LEDs at bottom
    BQ-CC53... replaces BQ-CC22... no more plastic lid, looks similar to BQ-CC17, but has LED light strip at the top instead of hidden LEDs at bottom
    Last edited by Kouryu; 10-15-2015 at 12:28 AM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •