Adjustable Brightness Right Angle Flashlight?

vpicave

Newly Enlightened
I've been looking for a right angle flashlight, preferably powered by an 18650 cell, with a brightness dial to adjust it from minimum brightness up to full power. Does such a thing exist?

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a single AA cell light that has 3 modes,very handy having the angle and I bought mine in a farm trade store.

osef

Newly Enlightened
I've been looking for a right angle flashlight, preferably powered by an 18650 cell, with a brightness dial to adjust it from minimum brightness up to full power. Does such a thing exist?

Sorry, I don't know of one that fits that description.

I can recommend the Fenix MC11. Right-angle head with adjustable angles. 1AA. Three brightness levels: 3, 50, 105 lumens. Burst 155 lumens.

gsr

Enlightened
Take a look at First Light USA's Tomahawk, T-Max, and Troq. Each offers multiple levels of output, and most have various colors of secondary LEDs. The UI is different than most lights, but it is easily learned.

jorgen

Enlightened
I recently purchased the new Solarforce L2E with a 4 mode drop-in from Lighthound. I am very happy with it.

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take a look at First Light USA's Tomahawk, T-Max, and Troq. Each offers multiple levels of output, and most have various colors of secondary LEDs. The UI is different than most lights, but it is easily learned.

I have a Tomahawk and T-Max and they are both awesome lights...they're pretty much my only EDC light now, except for my D2 on my keychain.

Jaegerbomb

Newly Enlightened
I liked the review of the Spark SG6 here, which may be another option for you?:
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/32862

I am starting to sound like a Spark salesperson these days, but I find their UI and build to be excellent (I own the SF3-NW) and the build is excellent, and the tint it IMO perfect...

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
………..I can recommend the Fenix MC11. Right-angle head with adjustable angles. 1AA. Three brightness levels: 3, 50, 105 lumens. Burst 155 lumens.

The MC11 needs a 18650, IMO. If it was capable of using a 18650, and had a high output of 500-600 lumens, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I liked the review of the Spark SG6 here,…………………….

Goinggear.com has the SG6 for $80, which is a surprisingly high price for a relatively unknown brand . Why would someone choose the Spark over a Zebralight or Armytek?

osef

Newly Enlightened
The MC11 needs a 18650, IMO. If it was capable of using a 18650, and had a high output of 500-600 lumens, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

I completely agree. It's odd that Fenix (or other manufacturer) hasn't produced a right-angle light with those specs. It could also use a lower low.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the looks of the Fenix MCll. The older version has a lot of bad reviews for the pivot breaking, but I still may give it a try.

They seem to be available online only for me - no stores within 100 miles with it.

1DaveN

Enlightened
My boss has a few MC11s - he loves them, especially for indoors. IMO an 18650 would be a good addition to the series, but not an appropriate replacement for the current AA model, because to me, the small size is a major selling feature.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most headlamps are right angle. I have the Acebeam H10 which a good light with an adjustable dial brightness.