Streamlight 3xAA Luxeon Tasklight Question

bonvivantmike

Enlightened
I've been lurking here for a long time, it's about time to join the community!

I just bought a Streamlight 3xAA Luxeon Tasklight. I'm pretty happy with it. It seems as bright as my 4XD Mag with the LEDCORP Epieon LED replacement, at least indoors, and a whole lot smaller. I haven't checked it against my other Mag with the EverLED.

Does the Tasklight have regulator circuitry to provide constant output? I looked, but couldn't find the answer to this anywhere....

Thanks in advance.

LightScene

Enlightened
Please compare it to your Everled for us. For some reason, Everled's are a hot topic right now. Thanks.

The SL 3AA has a resistor, but no regulation. You'll get really long run time from alkalines. If you use it a lot, you might consider using rechargeables. It's a nice light for the price.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just replaced the alkalines in my SL 3AA Luxeon for the first time. I've run it a LOT, 4-5 hours at least. I had forgotten how durn bright it was with fresh ones.

With fresh batteries in all lights, it stays with my SL TL-2 LED; both the 3AA LED, and TL-2 LED have a bit more throw than the TL-3 LED.

Both the TL-2, and TL-3 LEDs have lots more perfectly defined WIDE spill light than the 3AA, especially the TL-3, which really gives you a large, bright walking/work area, in addition to the bright hot spot.

It's kinda like having several different girlfriends with different personalities. You like them all, but for different reasons. (all right, all right, you can leave that alone).

I know how most here love regulated lights, but, I have spent a LOT of useful time with the 3AA Lux, perfectly acceptable brightness for a loonnnggg time. It seems everything has it's pluses, and minuses.

If I was stuck out somewhere and really NEEDED a light, I'd rather have the 3AA than some of the one hour run jobs. I'd get home.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know that Steve, I was commenting on the long run time of the unregulated SL 3AA vs a regulated light.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry too Steve, we got it all wrong didn't we.

I do think the 3AA SL Lux is the best value around. I have a Batteries Plus store near me, wish I could "cherry pick" one with great white color.

Having a bad day. My tractor went belly up, my pool pump burned up, golf cart died, and my bathroom popped up with three leaks. I DID eat my black eyed peas, and hog jowls, don't know what happened.