Has anyone washed there EDC light in the Washing Machine?

bignc

Enlightened
HDS been washed and still ok? check
Preon0 been washed and still ok? check (about 10 times)
Surefire E1B been washed and still ok? check
SF G2 with Malkoff been washed and still ok? I don't know. Some hole stole it from my luggage.

Hope your Romi dries out. That's a bonus for an inexpensive EDC I guess!

Illum

Flashaholic
When I bought my 47 Mini ML it went in for a spin cycle and tumble dry accidentally. Came out fully functional, I was so happy about it I tossed it back in with the next load of laundry, dryer cycle, etc. The dryer didn't like it, but over the years all sorts of EDC lights have been tossed in. The last most dramatic incident happened to be a Surefire L4 that turned itself on. Mom thought the front loading dryer was opening a gate to another dimension.

dts71

Newly Enlightened
I forgot my Fenix L0D in my pants and during the wash cycle the head was separated from the body. I have since discarded the battery but the flashlight is ok even though the anodizing got beaten up at the ends.

I have had the same mishap with a Jabara BT headset and it still works flawlessly a year after - talk about exceeding expectations!

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

OCD

Enlightened
Maratac AAA stainless...I belive the tag says "wash cold only with like colors" (which I guess means cool white tints) and "line dry only".

But seriously, it went through the washer and found before getting dried and was no worse for wear.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
lights i have washed and dried the wrong way.

preon 1. No issues.

zebralight h51. light worked, but some water got into the tube via the cap.

liteflux lf2xt. this have been in the washer three times. No problems exept it's dinged up bad and now it got no ano left in front around the lense.

Maratac aaa cu. No problems.

Univex aaa. some droplets of water came in around the switch, but still worked like a champ.

Taz80

Enlightened
D25A clicky washed and dried with no problems, the head was tight.

bkb

Newly Enlightened
My D25a clicky has been through the washer & dryer twice now and still works fine. My wifes fault for not checking my pockets before doing laundry.;)

Stream

Enlightened
Not recently, but many years ago my Streamlight TL-3 (xenon) ended up in the washing machine (loaded with a pair of AW 17500 batteries), and completed a full cycle at 60c (140f). It still worked fine afterwards, and it didn't look like any moisture got inside. I took it apart and let it air dry, just in case.

tdog02

Newly Enlightened
I have managed to do it twice to a streamlight microstream, it still works but it is embarassing.

desmobob

Enlightened
My Fenix LOD has been through the wash at least twice that I can remember. No problems!

Same goes for the Nite Ize ZipLit zipper pull light on my winter coat. That one even went through the dryer once.

Take it easy,
Bob

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
It's good to know the Tube can take such abuse. I'm surprised it made it. Think I might stick it in a baggie with some rice for awhile, just in case.

Geoff

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
Washed and dried my SF E1b a few times in LOTC mode in a 5.11 pocket. Still edc it.

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
My nitecore smart PD D10 (one of the old ones from the original batches!) has been through the washing machine here just once. I EDC it at work and it sits in my coin pocket so it is easy to forget about it. It survived just fine - one reason might be that we don't use the dry cycle in the machine usually so it didn't get heated up. I took it apart - amazingly no water inside despite the piston - and carefully dried/relubed the light anyway just to be sure. I am still using it.

(Those of you who may be shocked about me leaving my EDC alone while at home should find happiness in knowing that I have plenty of lights littered around my small apartment, so I am never far away from a bright light :twothumbs)

Latest posts