Proper 007 trit button diameter?

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys, I have seen here that some trit buttons are press-fit into the knob recess and some fit slightly looser and need adhesive or tape. Does anyone know the exact diameter for a press-fit trit button as well as a adhesive-in-place trit button?

Thanks.

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used a micrometer to take some measurements. :) The depression of the knob has a diameter of 8.75mm and a depth of 1.25mm. So, any button diameter less than 8.75mm will work. :party:

Rudi

Enlightened
My Spy's knob depression diameter measures 0.346" = 8.7884 mm.
My single LED insert button (not a press fit!) measures 0.345" = 8.763 mm.
(measured with a Mitutoyo capiper)

knob depression depth is 0.050" = 1.27 mm
insert button thickness is 0.072" = 1.829 mm
(when inserted, button stands proud by 0.022" = 0.56 mm)

Last edited:

P7rancher

Newly Enlightened
I hope this means that someone is planning on making some more buttons.

Also, I am looking at some of the lights from Lux and am intrigued by the precious stones that he offers for the power button. Has anyone thought about using a precious stone (press or adhesive) for the knob recess? Anyone know where you might order such a custom stone?

Steve:thanks:

Last edited:

P7rancher

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the heads up. Do you think the Norland adhesive is mixed with glow powder and the Mother of Pearl laid on top. Any idea where you could order a precious stone ground to a specified thickness and diameter? Looks like the stone could be ordered smaller and the adhesive would fill in any voids. I guess you could use a water soluble adhesive also.

Latest posts