Battery Question

amichljr1

Newly Enlightened
Seen the graphs, got plenty of reading in, but... I'm going to the store today for CR123A batteries for my Fenix. I want the longest lasting Rechargeable using my pd22ue at work about 3hrs a day at about 200 lumens. Feedback please! Ty

ven

Flashaholic
Hi there ,check any decent brand 3400mah out,from KeepPower,eagletac, etc ,generic Panasonic (green) of which offers great value imo. The others mentioned have Panasonic inside ,just with branded you pay a little more. Most important is order from a reputable shop rather than anywhere on eBay. Alternative would be nip into a vape shop(ecig) ,these usually stock decent 18650 cells.

Edit-Ignore the 18650/3400mah part

Last edited:

tandem

Enlightened
Avoid eBay and many sellers on Amazon. Reputable established names in this biz are your safest bet for legit sources of cells. See my sig for examples of counterfeit and dangerous crap fraudsters would love to take your money for. Resist the temptation to buy too cheap.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just looked at the Fenix website, and unless something changed recently the PD22UE is listed as using CR123 or 16430 cells. Not owning this light, I can't say if a 18650 cell will fit inside.

The Keeppower 16430 protected cell is rated at 700mAh. Cheap enough at Illumination Supply.

ven

Flashaholic
Correct NoNotAgain,my mistake ,presumed 18650 for some reason.............:ohgeez:

My apologies,as mentioned KeepPower are good cell,also Efest 16340 IMR which is another option:)

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I run Tenergy 3.0V 750mah LiFePO4's in my PD22UE and they work great so far(only got them a couple weeks ago). Gave a nice boost in output to turbo and strobe as well.

Last edited:

amichljr1

Newly Enlightened
I run Tenergy 3.0V 750mah LiFePO4's in my PD22UE and they work great so far(only got them a couple weeks ago). Gave a nice boost in output to turbo and strobe as well.
I'll give em a go bro. Ha ha. Thx