Smaller 75 watt equivalent led bulbs?

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello folks,

I'm currently running 2 of the blue coated Cree high cri "TW" 2700k 60 watt equivalent led bulbs in two wall sconces in my apartments dining room. They are small so you can't really fit a large bulb in them. I love the setup now, but would like it a bit brighter. I don't think a much bigger bulb (if at all bigger) could fit in the light fixtures. Almost all the 75watt equivalent bulbs I see are wider and taller overall.

Are there any "smaller" 75 watt equivalent led bulbs with good performance out there? Or at least fairly narrow/thin ones?

kingofwylietx

Enlightened
Another option might be to buy and install a larger wall sconce. Then remove and take it with you when you move. Just don't forget to put the original sconce back in place.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL good idea. But I think I'm not willing to go that far with it. I guess I could go with a 75 watt equivalent CFL.... but ugh... I want to stick to LEDs lol.

Last edited:

Anders Hoveland

Enlightened
Are there any "smaller" 75 watt equivalent led bulbs with good performance out there? Or at least fairly narrow/thin ones?
I do not think so. Higher power LED retrofits take up considerably more space, primarily because of heat dissipation requirements.

You could also try looking for an LED sconce fixture (one that is designed to be LED, rather than using retrofit bulbs). The "bulb" from which the light emanates can be much smaller when it does not have to contain the special LED power supply.

something like this: http://www.ammaxamma.com/getting-the-best-result-for-the-wall-sconce.html/wall-sconces-lightings