Newb fridge led lighting ?s

Silentside

Newly Enlightened
I currently have a kg fridge with an led light assembly. Problem is, 2/3 of the lights are out.
I have a led strip roll here and wanted to replace the OEM assembly w my led home made assembly. Also I wanted to add strips vertically down the sides for additional lighting

PROBLEM: Yes I'm a newb. The two wires coming off the strip are + and -. Upon removal of the light assembly I found an extra wire. There is a black, red and white wire. I'm fairly certain the whit wire is neutral.
I'm pretty handy around the house only because I'm not scared to break something. But in terms of wiring troubleshooting is beyond me. Google was no help!
Thanks guys

CoveAxe

Enlightened
One of the wires is most likely a ground wire that's connected to the metal frame/chassis. It should be really easy to check which is which with a multimeter.

You should also make sure that the voltage supplied by the wires is compatible with the new lights.

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't assume. Always check. Not all LED panels/strips are the same voltage.
My fridge came with LED lighting, it was sickly blue, I've since replaced it all with warm white, as well as having to install a different driver. The stock LEDs used a simple resistor set to control current but ran off mains voltage.
New driver is mains powered but rated at 50w @30-36v.
Works wonderfully but I had to put the door switch on the output side of the driver since it took about 3-5 seconds for the caps inside to charge when the door opened when it was switched on the mains. Lol

Mark620

Enlightened
Not necessarily, the you do not want to draw more power than the original system, you do not want to over heat the driver(regulating electronics) and burn it out.