Review: Skilhunt H02C XML Color RGBW 18650 headlamp- w/ video runtime tests

mhanlen

Enlightened
Here is my newest video review/ short film of Skilhunt's entry into RGBW headlamps. There's a lot of night use shots, UI demonstrations, video runtime tests, and a few comparison shots between Armytek headlamps and Skilhunt headlamps. None of my reviews are exactly the same, so check it out. Make sure you watch it in 1080p or 720p to see the great quality video. If you think I've overlooked anything in the video, feel free to ask me any questions. Thanks for watching and subscribe to my Youtube channel if you like my style of video.

Last edited:

mhanlen

Enlightened
Thanks! I forgot to mention that all runtime tests were conducted using a 3400mah soshine 18650 battery. The light also fits protected and unprotected cells.

Destiny

Newly Enlightened
The flashlight can be vastly improved by creating a mode where green, red and blue would flash alternately. Maximum output is unremarkable in all settings (450 lumens for two hours, top output depending on the batteries). CR123A batteries cannot be used -- only 18650, meaning that the light probably wouldn't be great as an emergency light (unless you keep a few fully charged 18650 batteries ready to go at all times). At between $65-$100, these flaws are close to being fatal, as much better lights are being sold in the same price level.

mhanlen

Enlightened
The flashlight can be vastly improved by creating a mode where green, red and blue would flash alternately. Maximum output is unremarkable in all settings (450 lumens for two hours, top output depending on the batteries). CR123A batteries cannot be used -- only 18650, meaning that the light probably wouldn't be great as an emergency light (unless you keep a few fully charged 18650 batteries ready to go at all times). At between $65-$100, these flaws are close to being fatal, as much better lights are being sold in the same price level.

Feel free to post some suggestions of those lights. I'd like to see some more competition in the XML color headlamp category. Last time I checked it was a pretty sparse landscape for 4 color headlamps that had this level of output on all 4 modes.

While this isn't a perfect headlamp, I see the PWM as more of an issue than the lack of 2 cr123a support. A lot of guys here, especially the surefire crowd are into the cr123a lights, so I understand why some people think it's a problem. I always have a few charged 18650s around, so it's not a big deal to me.