An obvious use for the pelican case

gonefishing

Enlightened
A battery holder of course! Love that the Spy comes so well packaged. Turned it into a handy dandy battery holder for a few bucks.
Thanks again Dave for putting out such a stellar product !
13800a7ee25f44a6095c97a39d3aee64.jpg

Zandar

Enlightened
Wait, that just not fair!, I have or I should say, had the older case with the built in self-destruck mode, that disintegrated on me the moment I removed the last item from it! I was totally unpreparred and awed at the same time: unpreparred because I had ignored that little sticker on the bottom of the box and awed because of the beautiful quick and colorful little fire that totally destroyed the case, leaving no residue or smell whatsoever! Lesson learned always read those little stickers especially on a product as creative as Data's. Now I just need to buy a new case.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice job with the case! It looks awesome. I wonder if they have a taller version of that case for 18650's. Right now I have mine in a similar case but they are all just placed on top of each other in a stack while they are lying sideways. I also added padding so they don't move around too much. But your design would be a lot more convenient. Maybe I'll have to take a look at their website.

gonefishing

Enlightened
Nice job with the case! It looks awesome. I wonder if they have a taller version of that case for 18650's. Right now I have mine in a similar case but they are all just placed on top of each other in a stack while they are lying sideways. I also added padding so they don't move around too much. But your design would be a lot more convenient. Maybe I'll have to take a look at their website.

I'm sure they have something similar. A quick search came up with the Pelican 1060 and 1050 might suite your needs.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure they have something similar. A quick search came up with the Pelican 1060 and 1050 might suite your needs.

Thank you. Yes, I just took another look, and I still don't see what I'd like the most. I'd like one that has a smaller length and width is tall enough. Maybe one that would hold 8 batteries or so but not much more than that. Maybe I should just go to a bigger case and buy more batteries for it instead though, haha! I mean the solution I have is working fine, but it would just be nice to have the batteries more securely held in there and make it easier to get ones on the bottom in and out.

Anyway, I'm just really impressed with that design, and again, great job!